No announcement yet.

Volkswagen R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Dahlbäck did run a 10 second quarter mile time in Sweden before the car visited USA...
    Only because he did not manage to run a fast time there doesn't mean the car isn't fast. One should alsow consider that the car is a very fast trackcar and has not even near a chassi that is good for dragracing...

The car has alot of power but i doubt he has ever run 900 hp when the engine has been in the car. 900 hp might have been a dynorun figure and nothing that would actually work in the car.

Comment

Why would you not bring your best stuff to a tuner car shootout?

I don't care if it ran 6's in sweeden, Dahlback didn't have what it took to even break 13's when the pressure was on. As far as chassis design, I don't care what it is. With 560 hp, huge rubber, and all wheel drive you should screw pretty much no matter what.

You're right though, it's quick as....errr...a really quick road car

Comment

im in switzerland rite now... no one knows about drifting but these little buggers are EVERYWHERE i like em, but a fwe things bother me... 10 grand more than a 1.8T same numbers as VR6 also, u could buy an Evo for that price... but yeah, u guys want a cool car, check out the Audi RS6, RS4, and the S3.... they rock.

one more thing.. every Nissan "200SX" (240) comes with a CA18DET or an SR20DET... and theyre cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
          im in switzerland rite now... no one knows about drifting but these little buggers are EVERYWHERE i like em, but a fwe things bother me... 10 grand more than a 1.8T same numbers as VR6 also, u could buy an Evo for that price...
          R32 is far more comfortable then an Evo. Like I said, it's only partially aimed at the Evo buyer. It makes almost 50 horsepower more then a 1.8T.

but yeah, u guys want a cool car, check out the Audi RS6, RS4, and the S3.... they rock.
          Yea, RS4's own for $45,000+, and the RS6 is a whole different spending bracket again. They are awesome though

one more thing.. every Nissan "200SX" (240) comes with a CA18DET or an SR20DET... and theyre cheap!
          What are you doing then? Start hitting the yard and gathering those things up. You could have yourself a good little export buisness

Comment

Hrmmmm, I have to stand up for Dahlback a bit here.

I actually met Hans Dahlback a few years ago when he brought the Golf RSI to the states so I got to see the masterpiece in person. To say nothing of its dyno numbers, the craftsmanship on that car is incredible!!!

Now I didn't see the quarter-mile run myself, but the car was run at Moroso Motorsports Park while he was here and I've heard from many who witnessed the run that he ran a 10-something while spinning the tyres all the way down the strip. Thats all 4 tyres people!!! THATS SERIOUS POWER. Easily more than 600hp. Also remember that AWD dynos tend to suck about 30% of the crank horsepower power so if he laid 600 on an AWD dyno, then figure around 900 crank hp.

His motor is basically the same thing as an old Audi IMSA and Trans-Am and those things were legendary. It was the days when Formula One was running engines with 1000hp per liter aka 1500hp 1.5 liter engines (they tended to last about 1 qualifying lap at that boost level) and the Audi I-5 engines weren't far behind. His turbo is also an older KKK design and can be upgraded quite a bit.

Oh and lets not forget the TV special on his car, in which the car is doing 3rd gear sideways circles at good speed, all 4 tyres roasting....... hrmmmm yea, 14.4 1/4 mile..... right...... um no.

So talk all the crap that you guys will..... but do a lil research, start with google and 'Audi IMSA' or Audi Trans-Am the models they raced were the 80 and 100. You might learn why Trans-Am banned turbochargers AWD and fuel injection, and even banned imports altogether.... Just recently allowing some of these back into the series.

Cheers, this class is now over.
            Last edited by FreeThinker; 03-10-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

We have one at the shop as a project car. Haven't done anything to it yet, but after SEMA we plan to start working on some stuff for it. It is really a nice car that is pretty fast. It is really comfortable, even for my big *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

http://www.speedmachineperformance.com/project_vw_r32

Comment

i herd some one put 1000+ hp into a golf r32 i used to be into the golfs but that was just a phaze

Comment

Working...
                X