Burnt Miata Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Miata Pics

well before it burned anyway. here are some pics i found lying around of my old miata from 2 years ago

these are pics from Battle of the Imports in Fontana (California Speedway)...i know this is a drifting forum...that car would have been awesome for drifting...if it hadn't burned!

That car:
    1992 Miata
    GReddy turbo kit
    Spearco intercooler core with end tanks done by RPM from the south bay (i dont know if they're still around)
    aluminum i/c pipes
    Vortech FMU
    upgraded fuel pump (i think my brother got it from moss motors)
    crower mild cams
    ACT clutch
    MSD DIS-2 Ignition
    LSD rear end from a junkyard
    GReddy profec-b boost controller
    GReddy Type-S BOV
    3 inch custom piping from the cat back (big help)
    magnaflow muffler
    Flyin Miata springs (less weight transfer=better launches)
    Autopower rollbar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by miata619drifter; 12-01-2003, 08:08 PM.

trailer fresh...
    Attached Files

Comment

spearco intercooler and super trick "take-out-the-turn-signal" cold air intake
      Attached Files

Comment

call that big RPM sticker "ricey" all you want but free parts are free parts!
        Attached Files

Comment

if you want to know that cars time's were:

8.6's in the 1/8th mile

13.3's consistently with occasional 13.28's and 13.29's in the 1/4 mile

this was at 15psi
          Last edited by miata619drifter; 12-01-2003, 08:18 PM.

Comment

more spearco action...
            Attached Files

Comment

Nah,the sticker isn't ricey.How did the car go up in flames though? You can't just say a beautiful Miata burned without telling the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                Nah,the sticker isn't ricey.How did the car go up in flames though? You can't just say a beautiful Miata burned without telling the story.
                i blew a head gasket, which pressurized the whole oil system, which blew out the dip stick, which got oil on the turbo, which caught fire

i didnt have a fire extinguisher with me, so the car burned (all the way through the so-called "firewall") from the engine to halfway through the interior by the time a friend showed up with a fire extinguisher

when i first parked the car after thinking i had only blown a head gasket, the paint on the hood was bubbling! i opened the hood and...fire!
                Last edited by miata619drifter; 12-01-2003, 08:26 PM.

Comment

We all feel for you man.

Comment

that suxs must of been a fun ride

Comment

Originally posted by miata619drifter
                      i blew a head gasket, which pressurized the whole oil system, which blew out the dip stick, which got oil on the turbo, which caught fire

i didnt have a fire extinguisher with me, so the car burned (all the way through the so-called "firewall") from the engine to halfway through the interior by the time a friend showed up with a fire extinguisher

when i first parked the car after thinking i had only blown a head gasket, the paint on the hood was bubbling! i opened the hood and...fire!
                      Dude!
                      This isn't the same MIATA that your driving now right?
                      (your RED one?)

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                        Dude!
                        (your RED one?)
                        here are some pics i found lying around of my old miata from 2 years ago
                        Only the one burned.What happened to your Miata is one of those worst case scenarios that you never think could ever happen,pretty wild.It was a nie Miata though,you know how much hp it put down and the times?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                          Dude!
                          (your RED one?)
                          the white miata in these pics is the previous miata i owned. the white one is the one that burned.

i bought the red miata earlier this year. the turbo i have on the red miata is the same turbo i salvaged from the burned white miata. also from the burned miata are my flyin miata springs and autopower rollbar.

the rims, GReddy type-s BOV, and intercooler were sold off

i still have the MSD DIS-2 in a box, along with the GReddy Profec-B boost controller (which i doubt still works)

Comment

Feint, i never had the car dyno'ed but as far as times, the burnt miata ran 8.6's in the 1/8th mile and consistent 13.3's in the 1/4 mile. on a few occasions it hit 13.28 and 13.29 in the 1/4 mile.

when i get enough money saved up i'm going to build my current miata (the red one) up to the specs of the burned one.

Comment

re:

toobad...

Comment

Working...
                              X