More Z photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Z photos.

Getting closer by the day. Can't wait. Just need to finish wiring, put the driveshaft in, bolt the final extremities on the motor and hook some stuff up and away she goes.

Radiator is in, dual fans and 4 rows. Yummy.

Header is on, intake and carbs on, hooking up linkage tonight.

Full Autometer treatment. Tach is in a box at the moment though.

Carbon Mirrors courtesy of my brother at Tophat Performance. I so love these I almost cried.

Me checking seat fit and head clearance for the roll bar. I think thats the first picture of me on here.

i love that car.......great job!

Comment

*DROOOOOL* Thank you for caring so much for that car. It makes me happy when someone desides to fix up a Z. Keep us updated! Nice mug shot BTW, haha!

Comment

Keep it up Ghost. How much longer is it gonna take to start that baby up anyway and ripping it through the streets?

Comment

I plan to start it up hopefully by the end of next week. It needs to be ready for a Z meeting here on Sept 11th, then I plan on driving it down to Atlanta for the meet and the Drift exhibition at Nopi. Not sure if it will be slide ready by then but you never know what will happen or who may show up. Not even sure how it is going to slide. Still need to do some practice in it. Gonna be a world of difference from the FD. Can't wait to take it up on the Dragon though.

Comment

1 question ghost. was the motor rebuilt?

Comment

No, it was never broken down after the guy took it out. It was a runner when I drove it before he took it out. That is one thing that is on my mind. If it isn't good, which I doubt, I have a back up plan.

Comment

How much did this whole project cost you cause now you got me into the 240z Ghost?

Comment

Well. I did a bunch of horsetrading to get the car so after it's all said and done, I have about 300 bucks in it plus the mirrors and an intake gasket. I had a car that I bought for 2000, sold for 2500, guy blew it up, gave it back to me for 200. Traded the car for a Hachi, traded the Hachi for a CRX then the CRX for the Z. It gets a little confusing with all the trading. So I spent 275 to go get it plus a new tire and a radiator for the CRX, and thats where I end up with the figure.

You can find them for a decent price these days. I just lucked out on mine cause I knew where it was at the time it became available. My brothers 510 may be coming available soon, if it does, i'll post it on here. It's sweet.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, any good sites to recommend to learn more bout this car Ghost.

Comment

damn, good stuff! keep up the good work!!! hoping for pics of finalized product

Comment

I would hate to say this...

but with a Stock L24 engine... and stock carbs...

that car isn't going to be very fast.. especially with all that heavy fiberglass and metal body work....

Have you looked into the L28ET engine? The turbo engine from the later 280ZX's?

Comment

I always pictured you as bein a big mean lookin guy ghost.

Comment

I hear you Lexus, it's got the N47 head and stroked out. It's actually not too shabby. I drove that car for awhile before it was taken apart. I will need some carbs later on but to get it running, I just stuck the stocks on there.

I'm not big and mean looking.

Comment

A sr20det sure would look nice in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X