No announcement yet.

More Z photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't now if you guys know of Norm the 12sec guy, but he has a stroked L28 running SU's doing 12 in the 1/4. That s not too bad for a NA 6cyl. If Duluth put right the rear-end (R200) ,lighten flywheel and tune the hell out of those SU's he will have a nasty little machine.

Comment

Just have to get the axles for the R200 that I have, and i'll put it in.

I grew up in Athens. Went to Clarke Central.

Comment

Did you check your Email?

Comment

how do those tenzo-r seats feel?

Comment

Not yet. My email has been screwing up lately. I'll check it now.

The Tenzos feel great. They are reclinable and oh so posh. They should hold me in pretty well I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS© S30
              I would hate to say this...

but with a Stock L24 engine... and stock carbs...

that car isn't going to be very fast.. especially with all that heavy fiberglass and metal body work....

Have you looked into the L28ET engine? The turbo engine from the later 280ZX's?
              hey, i have an 82 280zx n/a in the driveway right now, and im just curious, how easy is it to convert it to turbo? i would like twins, but single would be ok... cause at school next year im going to either be tuning the hell out of the exsiting ZX, or i will get a cheap 280z and make it quite a street killer.....

sweet car Ghost...i love that front bumper..is it custom?

Comment

Yea, every panel on the car has been worked over. Everything is in steel as well. No fiberglass.

Comment

how easy is it to convert it to turbo?
                  Hi Jay this is Adam.

The N/A to turbo idea is not worth the time or money if you want a turbo Z your best bet is to find a decent turbo Z car or do a turbo engine swap into your current car.

Differences between the N/A and Turbo include

Intake
                  Compression (Duh)
                  AFM
                  Oil cooler
                  Head
                  Multiple sensors
                  Harness
                  ECU
                  And probably many others I cant think of now

Jay by the way ive been working on Matts' Z for the last couple of days because his parts came in. I actually tried cranking it today but I need to take the oil pump back off and turn the dizzy shaft to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the timing some more so it will fire up so as soon as its out of the shop I will be working on your Z again.

Comment

Cool Cool. I'll call you tomorrow.

Comment

Converting to a turbo is actually quite simple.

I know several people who have done this in a little under a week flawlessly.

The Turbo version of the L28eT is actually the same exact engine in the N/A cars.. with an L28e.

Only differences is minor stuff in the engine, like different pistons and head, different injectors, stronger webbing in the block for cooling and oil distribution, the ECU and all the stuff Zcarkid mentioned.

It would be easier, cheaper, and more efficient to take out your old L28e and swap in an L28eT. Bolts right in, and uses alot of the existing stuff in your N/A.

A good L28eT engine with rather low miles can be found for less than $500.

I recommend looking at
                      www.zcar.com and www.classiczcars.com for lots of information.

Talk to SurfColorado, a member at Zcar.com who just did the swap on his '82 280ZX.

Bigger injectors, SDS fuel managment, an NPR intercooler, 3" exhuast, 60mm throttle body and a good boost controller will easily but you in the 250-300 hp range, and a new turbo a T3/T04e will put you in the 300-375hp range depending on your setup.

Comment

Well, if this engine doesn't run, in will go an L28 Turbo. Done messing round with these cars.

Comment

Almost done. Should be bumping it over tomorrow.

Carpets in, wheels are getting polished. Almost done.

Comment

The thing about these early Datsun engines is that through the lifespan of the engines, the internals were changed slightly over the years. For example, an engine from year "A" might have flat top pistons and a head that has a deeper combustion area to arive at a compression ratio around 8-ish. An engine from year "B" might have dished pistons and a smaller combustion area to arive at the same ratio. Put the block and pistons from year "A" on a head from year "B" and all of a sudden you have a stock-looking engine that has a combustion ratio in the 10's. Talk about versatility.

Comment

Yep...

and put in the head "C" from the turbo engines... the P90 or P90a head.. and it will drop your compression especially in a dished piston setup for a turbo.

Need any help with the heads, or block or pistons let me know.. I have SOOO MANY charts, graphs and diagrams and a calculator...

Here... download this....

Nissan/Datsun Engine Block and Head Calculator! ZIP file

Comment

Sweet man, thanks. Right now I am having fuel problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X