Boosted my Miata!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosted my Miata!!!!

Finally got some boost under the hood... its just installed... i still need to tune and add more parts.. but something is better then nothing. Its the only Jackson Racing s/c that i have seen with a FMIC....
    It should be at about 150rwhp... the intercooler causes a drop in psi.. but it brings intake temps to near ambient.. which probably makes up for the lower psi. I still plan on adding a Apexi SAFC, more boost and a better exhaust and a MSD timing controller.

looks great, and the job looks good, fits in there perfectly.

so hows the sc when drifting??? was it worth it?

Comment

nice...but i thought you wanted to go with the flyin miata turbo. what happened to that?

Comment

Nice you have the almost the same setup as mine but i have no fmic, but i have the msd controller for the miata
        Attached Files

Comment

DropTop, is that an air-to-air intercooler? (just wondering )

Comment

sweeeet!! i just got a pretty blue bottle in mine! ill finish installing tomarrow, too bad it "not gonna be there all the time"

HURRAY FOR DROP TOP!!!!

Comment

Diggin the cam covers.

The supercharger ain't bad either.

Comment

i dig it!

Comment

hey did you get the boost upgrade on it? cus your pulley looks like the same one the jr sells for the boost upgrade.

Comment

How is the power band? Where do you build boost, where does the charger run out of steam?

A british guy had one of these at the strip the other night. I believe he said it ran low 15's. I expected better Certainly not a 1/4 mile car though. Much more fun as a...well...roadster.

Still very cool, awesome setup.

Comment

good job man, looks amzing

Comment

your car is just getting better and better DropTopDrifter

All respect!

Comment

Hey I just got back from dday3 in Ocala and had a blast. You were one of the very top drifters, comboing everything. You tore it up, and everyone spectating was giving props. Good job, you're awesome.

Comment

Yeah I talked to you a bunch after your first run. We talked about the Eaton 62 and then the lovebugs started molesting your car.

You did awesome. What was with the fake lips. I thought they were real 'till one came off.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ichi-Go; 09-25-2004, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Yes, its a bigger boost pulley but im still at 6psi because of the pressure drop across the air-toair intercooler . The intercoole brings intake temps to ambient.. because after i run hard, the intake manifold actually gets cooled down by the air passing through it... thats how i know the i/c is almost near 100% efficent.. i'll do some real number testing soon.

I had a blast in Ocala! The lips on the wheels are called beauty rings... they make it look like my rims half match eachother!

Comment

Working...
                              X