Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats odd.

Comment

LOL that's pretty funny, and more so - strange.

Those guys are nuts, notice when they were flying by eachother at ridiculous speeds. Not to mention that drifting automatic camaros, caprices, and mustangs is just plain silly!

Comment

I guess CrazyHawaiian's gonna gen mad at rlngtngku. He drifts an automatic Camaro if I remember good.

Th movie? It's fun seeing those truck-heavy-cruisers drifting. Remember that if you open the throttle when sliding in an automatic, it instantly shifts into a higher gear. It's not so simple guys. I remember my trying to drift a Benz C-class with an automatic and a crapload of all those shxtty electronics that made the car totally unpredictable. You have to keep revving it, because if you loose on the gas pedal even for a while, it instantly chokes after you press it again. That's why I don't like the automatic stuff - it makes a bad driver feel good and a good driver feel really bad.

Comment

thats intense.....what's it for?

Comment

Its just the CHP instructors training, my friends Uncle does that. But for sure not all CHP or cops can drive like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              I guess CrazyHawaiian's gonna gen mad at rlngtngku. He drifts an automatic Camaro if I remember good.
              hmm, i was more referring to the fact that the vehicles are kind of out of place when it comes to drifting.

Comment

mega lol laughs

Comment

pretty funny, but some nice driving too

Originally posted by rlngtngku
                  hmm, i was more referring to the fact that the vehicles are kind of out of place when it comes to drifting.
                  not out of place, just different
                  Last edited by vervius; 10-11-2004, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Those guys were pretty good, I was kinda impressed, they were throwing those yachts around pretty good.

If you manually put the thing in 2nd, it will pretty much stay there. That limits the tranny to only two gears and helps make it more predictable. 2nd is good to a fairly decent clip, but if you do need third than that can make things a little trickier.

You can also run a manual valve body so it only shifts when you tell it to.

For cars like these automatics are not such a bad thing. It's tough to find manuals that will hold the kind of torque even a moderately built normally aspirated small block will make. Much past 400 ft-lbs if you are beating on it you will probably need to run either built T5's or corvette T56's, both of which are somewhat pricey.

Comment

And THAT is why a Mustang would make a great Drift car.

Comment

Ghost do it, we'll duel it up/tandom the five liter beaters, my camaro your 5.slow.

Comment

Nah not mad, I'm used to the stereotypes already. More fun to prove people wrong. Cant watch the vid at work, but sounds like fun hahahaha. I remember we used to have this guy come down to the Drift Session in his Crown Vic and perform some wild police moves on the skidpad. People said he was a cop but I'm not sure. The kicker is that his wife always sits in the backseat and one time I saw her eating a cheeseburger while doing 180's and 360's and stuff LOL
                          Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 10-12-2004, 12:53 AM.

Comment

holy crap.. that was awesome

Comment

Find more vid!

Comment

Working...
                              X