Post Your Non Import Drift Car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Non Import Drift Car!!!

i'm sure we'll see a lot of nice rides in this post. i'm starting a non import drifting post cause i know there's a lot of people out there who had something different and wanted to make it unique. i did with my 1987 chevrolet chevette. and some of my friends here in venezuela have done it too. Dont just send a picture, tell us about it and why did u think it would make a good drift car.??? did it???

meanwhile i'll be watching initial d and translating it
    to spanish for my looser non-english speking friends.
    lol. keep the thread alive and tell us bout ur ride.

ps:i love imports. i'm planning to swap my 4cil in my chevette for a rotary powerplant. if anyone has information bout this work.. i know it has been done in the states. pleas keep me posted.
    Attached Files

Where's Crazy Hawaiian?!

Nice interior on your car. I love the Autometer gauges in place of the original dash.

Comment

car lovers notice the nice details

u know i'm glad u made a comment cause no one has ever mentioned the fact that i use my car for both shows and drifting. and if even i didnt attend to car shows i would still work hard to make it look good all the time. as i see it if it looks good and works good i'ts a better car. to be honest the hardest part has been finding the replacement parts for the car.. i wanted a C/f hood and trunk but i haven't found anyone who can make them for me. this is south america dude some times we can't even buy directly from the states cause of american dollars are controlled by the goverment here and sucks.
      crazyhawaiian's camaro it's number one hero for one of my friends who actually is a muscle car nut. when i showed him the videos of the camaro attaking the track well, now he's looking for a manual camaro/pontiac for his project car.

-- the gauges are voltimiter, oil temp, oil pressure --
      it still runs a/c, electrical windows and cd player.
      no unescesary ice though...

Comment

how long since u've seen one of these

it's my buddy's car here in caracas... he just started drifting, he's not that bad though... lol tell us what u thing of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Event from yesterday, close to vegas..

Comment

Ouch... That had to hurt.

You know what, Caracas_drifter? I like the way you built the car - it's got nice interior, fully built motor, it's equipped with various body parts, has some "unordinary" stuff (i.e. the logo on the grille - that's funny ). And the thing with the rotary engine - Jesus, that's gonna be fun! I personally dislike engine swaps between cars of other brands (if they aren't in one group like in GM or sth) but that would be a nice thing to do, just to be different.

Keep up the good work, buddy!

Comment

My drift car is in my Signature...sadly I recently promised my gf that I'd stop drifting for a while to save money. Man I hope I get this new job so I can pay off my loans and finish my car.

Comment

ouch! poor car!! SidewaysGts

SidewaysGts i bet you were having fun before that pic was taken... anyways u know what they say, even monkeys fall from trees. myself i had my own accidents but sadly i never got a picture of my messed up car... ( my other car, a Renault 19 1.8 FD)

Comment

i hate this rain!

it just sucks when someone's G/f starts complaining bout racing... i know bout it cause my g/f is a pain regarding to high speed fun... she just won't get off of me.. i guess it's a girl thing... although i have a couple of girl street racer friends, and i like it soo much i want to get them drifting... i think it's awesome cause driving it's the sport where man and woman can face eachother one o one.. and it's a fair battle... ni camaro REVLIMIT, i was wondering if u had any advise for my friend, who is actually into camaros after watching the powerslidesideways.com videos... what can u say from ur experience ???

to DARKSTAR, well thankx dude, the only thing i can tell u it's that all it takes it's love. if u love cars, and driving them. you'll end up loving working on it. i dont' have a lot of money either. the actual cost of the car isn't over 5000$ yet.. i think you are right about engine swaps, but in this case i think it's personal u know. it'll be that or install a turbo kit. i know they make them for chevettes. but with a turbo, wont be the same u know. i dont need a lot of power. just enough to be faster than everyone else ;-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

I wasnt there actually, a buddy of mine went down with a firend and took ab unch of pictures/videos. That guy just understeer off the road (from what i understand he wasnt drifting though? there mere multiple tracks, ill have to get the real story)

Hopefully one day ill get some stuff up of my 86 in action

Comment

your car

SidewaysGts
                      Hopefully one day ill get some stuff up of my 86 in action

what did you mean by 86??? do you have a corolla GT? or a trueno, levin??? hachi roku!? lol talk to me man, u know. the Hachi is my wet dream car. here we got corollas but they all are FD... just blows. i had located however an engine, with it's tranny but there's no cool hatchback nor coupe corollas here.. sedan.. so i never even thought about it. the car market here is messed up. we dont get most cars. we get either the Low profile versions (economic kind) and most only come 4 door. we dont even have supras! lol well, tell me. SHOW me ur ride
                      Attached Files

Comment

that chevette is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in hott.... my momz used to have a nice one, but my brother almost killed himself when he jacked it one day before he could drive legally and he wrapped it around a tree. A BIG TREE ( over 150 yr old tree)

Comment

here's my 1988 924S... its euro import but i guess it can go in here cuz its not from japan.
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice porshe red-cel

yo that's a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in' nice ride. i've always liked porshes. i do not think they are pumped up bettles, ur car reminds me or the porshe 944 turbo wich is my fab porshe... anyways it's nice. i know it's an import, but most cars are imports here cause we dont wet that many models to choose from! it's hard to find good parts here. and it's almost imposible to find JDM stuff. thank god Ebaymotors.com its worlwide... *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sometimes i wanna be in another country but here u know what... this is rastafai paradise!!! jah!!!! THAT"S me in the pic!
                            i like driving more than flying but when i notice, i'm already soo high! lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

holler another rasta man, bumpa claude

Comment

Working...
                              X