No announcement yet.

JGTC worst crash vid...very crazy/scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the video after the crash... http://members.roadfly.org/dakar2m/aftermath2.mpeg

Very sad video, helmet melts to his face.

Comment

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

ONE crew member helps the guy out of the car and then JUST FU CKING LEAVES HIM LAYING THERE. he just leaves him there STILL SMOKING!! the FIRST thing that should have happened is he should have been pu tin an ambulance but instead they are trying to stop the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*iong car fire. What a bunch of idiots. I will never EVER drive in ANY type of motorsport event in japan.

Comment

ahh damn fuc.kn windows media player all i got was sound it was fuc/ked up!o well it sounded deadly.

Comment

WOW THAT WAS VERY INTENSE. THAT BROUGHT CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE JUST HOW THAT GUY WAS SUFFERING

Comment

wow wata bunch *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s ive seen better track assitance at amature motocross events the lil pee wee kids get more help than that when they fall over in a corner thats terrilbe ive never seen anything that bad....wtf would go through your head not to make you help somone that almost burned to death and was obviously in pain

Comment

1) the Ferrari driver should not have been going that quickly. All those cars have ground effects, which shoots a ton of spray into the air. He should have known better. The spray in the wet is pretty bad in racing. When there is a full course caution, you just DON'T go that fast. Know the term "over driving your headlights"? well, this is the same thing. If you can't avoid something when it's closer than 50 feet away, but you can only see 30 feet in front of you, you're going TOO FAST.

2) They should have had white flags out. Everywhere (except the USA) uses a white flag for slow-moving vehicles. I don't know why they didn't have the marshals waving white flags so Ota knew that he was approaching the back of the pack. A stationary white flag means that there is a slow car at the next marshal station, and a waved white flag means that it is in the same station, or before the next one.

3) the pace car driver should have also known to not go as fast as he did, for the same reasons as in (1).

4) the marshals should have got to him faster. however, there were still cars going quite quickly on the straight How much worse would it have been if a marshal ran out on the road, and got hit by another car? they can't just run across the track. They need permission first, for their own safety. Also, they aren't all in fireproof gear. They are usually volunteers, so they shouldn't be required to go into a blazing car to get someone else out. The fire crew is really the crew that should have been there faster. they are the ones that should go in and get the driver.

some of the fault lies with the organizers, so some of the fault lies with the driver too. both should have known better.

THIS is why I wear not only a three layer suit, but an extra layer of nomex underwear. It's not so much for my own safety, but I know that there is a chance that I *might* have to get out of my own car and try to save someone else. There aren't fire crews all over the track, so it usually takes a little while. It's common in these situations to see other drivers go in and unbuckle the driver and pull him out, because we're the only ones in full fire gear.

That video just shows my worst fear. burning to death scares the hell out of me, and I just hope that if I am in an accident this bad, someone will take it upon themselves to dive in and save me. It's that thought that would make me do the same to save someone else. I just couldn't imagine burning alive in a car, and being too weak to get myself out.
              Last edited by malcolm; 11-09-2004, 11:53 PM.

Comment

i so fuc king sad, just pleaz let that driver survive

Comment

dude, haven't you read the thread? he's alive, and won a court case.

Comment

That video is actually part of a Documentary about Tetsuya Ota's crash which is why you hear the music towards the end of the clip. The Documantary was entitled "Crash" and can be bought on DVD at

www.cdjapan.co.jp

Comment

Originally posted by VersionS13
                      Here is the video after the crash... http://members.roadfly.org/dakar2m/aftermath2.mpeg

Very sad video, helmet melts to his face.
                      link isnt working anymore...i cant find it anywhere else

Comment

yeah i see losts of links with the "aftermath" but all links are broken. If anyone has it and wants to send it to me, pm me and ill host it

Comment

Working...
                        X