No announcement yet.

bimmer good for drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best friend is buying a '93 M3 to go drifting with. This is after hes crashed his 240 coupe twice. So I hope I get video of his short lived bmw

Comment

If your friend actually buys a '93 M3, make sure to tell him he has the rarest M3 in the United States. In fact, it's so rare, it doesn't exist. The M3 took a hiatus from the US market for 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994. He's either a moron (likely) or getting conned (likely for a n00b).

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
        Hmm, there was a nice little clip of a larger(if I'm not mistaken) BMW drifting in the rain one some on/off ramp clover leaf things. It looked amazingly smooth from initial slide to regaining of traction. I'm not sure where it is. I don't know if it came from this forum or from Kazaa or wherever I may have come across it.
        I thought that BMW was an M3...wasn't it the one that was filmed in Europe?

Comment

I was thinking of the same one, and it's an E46 M3 drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            If your friend actually buys a '93 M3, make sure to tell him he has the rarest M3 in the United States. In fact, it's so rare, it doesn't exist. The M3 took a hiatus from the US market for 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994. He's either a moron (likely) or getting conned (likely for a n00b).

Hahha, yeah, that's what I was goin to say. I'd recommend against drifting any 7 series. I think they have open diff and I know they're all autos. Plus they're so dang heavy!! It wouldn't be a good car for a beginner. Get a 240 or somethin!

Comment

i agree with r2k... too many cons such as- its a friggin bmw. just a taillight assembly costs like 500 dollars no joke. bmw goes all out with expensive parts. not to mention going through tires like crazy with that 4200lb curb weight

Comment

3 series are sweet as- not too short wheelbase but not abolute boats either

Comment

im sorry i dont know all that much about bmw's but thats what he said and i did go check it out its a 93 325is the guy told him he put a later model M3 engine in it. I cant varify this but he does have some stuff modded on it

Comment

Yeah, well it's still not an M3, and he shouldn't be telling people that it is.

Comment

use the bimmer to pimp the ladies.....or sell the wheels for a couple Gs and buy a beater. why would u ever consider wrecking a 99 boat?

Comment

HOLY CRAP! When I read bimmer for drifting, I was thinking some guy was going to ask about a early 90's 3 series, but holy crap a 7 series! Don't drift it! If you wan't to do anything here are you choices

1.Use it to get the ladies(they'll think your loaded)
                        2.Sell it for a 89-91' S13 240 and buy whatever you want for it..You would have Thousands of dollars to spend on parts.

Just don't drift this car please! For my sake!
                        Plus even with a V8 I dont think you would get far.

Comment

my mom has a e32 735 and its pretty hard to slide with out haveing to use the gas, which only works some of the time. I estimate ive done about 300 powerslides in that thing and never hit anything. I did end up perpendicular to the road going through a 2 lane 3 way intersection tho. Had to do a 10 point turn to get the thing straight

Comment

yeah dude, get rid of that boat and get an e30 3 series (84-91). its quite nimble, has a pretty good aftermarket, and its one of the smallest cars ive seen that comes with a straight six (not to mention theyre cheap to buy and somewhat cheap to maintain).

Comment

i agree! i had a 1987 325is with a eta motor swapped in, good suspension, GREAT LSD, good balance. i swung TONS of donuts in that thing and drifted it a few times. FUN FUN car. I also had that car when my License was suspended so i didn't get to drive it all that often before i sold it, but damn it was fun. I'd definately get another one if parts weren't soo expensive, and an actual 2.5 motor would rev pretty good. And they make good power like 160hp and 170 lb ft of torque. bulletproof trannies too....

Comment

What happened to your M20? Did you blow it? Cause the Eta engine is good on torque, but I don't think it'd be a good drift motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X