bimmer good for drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TireFrier
    i agree! i had a 1987 325is with a eta motor swapped in, good suspension, GREAT LSD, good balance. i swung TONS of donuts in that thing and drifted it a few times. FUN FUN car. I also had that car when my License was suspended so i didn't get to drive it all that often before i sold it, but damn it was fun. I'd definately get another one if parts weren't soo expensive, and an actual 2.5 motor would rev pretty good. And they make good power like 160hp and 170 lb ft of torque. bulletproof trannies too....
    hey i also have a '87 325is.......it isn't the usual 240sx and i do get nagged at by drifters just because i dont have 240s like them,but who freakin cares.....right!

If it rwd, drift it! but in this case a heavy 700 series wont be a good choice.
    just sell and a fc or a e30(you might get some dumb remarks from the Initial D boys, trust me on that.)

Comment

That's kinda dumb people would try to get you to get an S13 if you have an E30. Everyone and their mom has one. Peer pressure sucks!!

Comment

you should hear the crap that i get like:

"you can't drift that.....its no even a japanese car"
        and
        "that's not even rwd" or "Is it even rwd?"

if people could only understand you dont need a silvia to drift...::sign::

Comment

That just shows how a lot of people who follow drifting don't know anyhing about cars. They just saw it on tv and they think they know everything because they have an S13.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            If your friend actually buys a '93 M3, make sure to tell him he has the rarest M3 in the United States. In fact, it's so rare, it doesn't exist. The M3 took a hiatus from the US market for 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994. He's either a moron (likely) or getting conned (likely for a n00b).
            Dam, beat to that one

Yeah, definitely don't drift the 7-Series. Those things are beasts and mainly about luxury, not "spirited driving".

And BMW parts dont come cheap on my E30, a 7 would probablly be even worse. *First hand experience*

I'd just drive it to pimp the bitches or sell it and get something that will better suit your need
            -John
            aka !RocknE30!

Edit:
            Originally posted by Cone
            That just shows how a lot of people who follow drifting don't know anyhing about cars. They just saw it on tv and they think they know everything because they have an S13.
            So true..There's a kid who talks to me on aim and thinks he's the all knowing car god because he is "getting" an S13. All that Super Street and fried rice has warped his small, impressionable mind.

And I hear ya when it comes to bimmers FD. I was going to FI with my E30, that project is going to be held off for a while though due to me wanting some "insurance money" so I'm not broke and have something take a crap on me. I've even got a blown T3 in the garage that was going to be used for a mock-up. T3/T4 hybrid will come one way or another..
            Last edited by nitroboy24; 02-04-2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X