No announcement yet.

buy a awd dsm or buy a 240sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes all preludes came from the factory front wheel drive, they look really good i think, there is a company that converts some hondas to rwd, if they make it for the prelude thats what you should do to be different

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
      240SX, The Eclipses have horrible build quality
      yeah thats true. i guess im just going to be patient and wait till i find a manual 240. cuz i dont wanna fix my car er weekend. well i dont know, if you maintain your car good nothing should break. ill be real nice to it.
      Last edited by Mackenzie; 11-29-2004, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Not if you're going to drift it. I guarantee you'll be replacing a center diff or tranny on the Eclipse.

Comment

hmmmmmmm.........good point

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
            yes all preludes came from the factory front wheel drive, they look really good i think, there is a company that converts some hondas to rwd, if they make it for the prelude thats what you should do to be different

For the kind of money that it would take to convert a prelude to rwd you could probably have a 240sx with a SR swap.originality is great and everything but if you took that thing to a drift comp then you could quite possibly get owned by a 240 that has only half the money you spent on your FR Prelude put into it. Its just not a smart thing for someone just starting drifting to do. It wouldnt be as easy to replace as a 240 would be if he wrecked it. Not to mention the fact that 240s are more tunable than preludes and also the engine is underpowered considering how heavy they are. I love hondas, but if you want a drift car, go for something else. (Unless you have really deep pockets to afford an S2000 or an NSX.) I suggest the 240 over the DSM.

Comment

on the subject of awd drifting and it needing lots of power to spin all wheels, can a stock Subaru WRX STI 05 drift?

its got 300 hp stock

Comment

actually, its more like 250 hp at the wheels. But to answer your question, yes, they can, but no, not very well.

Comment

Truly drift? No.

Comment

you obviously haven't seen the JUN Lancer drift. google' it and find the video, and after you watch it, then come back here and tell us AWDs cant drift. FR isnt the only drivetrain that can drift.

Comment

You obviously lack reading comprehension skills. He was asking about the STi, which cannot truly drift stock.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                        Truly drift? No.

you weren't very specific. i don't think my reading comprehension has anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X