ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever heard of drifting a 85 Celica??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever heard of drifting a 85 Celica??

i have an 1985 Celica GTS (liftback) i've neva heard or seen this car being used to drift...am i gonna be the fist one???

nay. I tink there are a like 3 peeps on this site alone using an old celica/supra

Comment

And I've seen it done in some old Opt. vids.

Comment

I have an 83 Supra and I can drift it, although not well....

Comment

I've seen one at touge once. Looked pretty fast. I dunno though maybe it was just some crazy guy who didn't know what he was doing.

Comment

Lol.. trust me man, there is always someone else doing something before you.

I have a simular car, I have a 1981 toyota celica liftback.

Atm, i am doing SOME VERY BASIC MODS!!!!! So i can have it ready for either next month or the month after that drift practice day.

It will be my first time out there with the thing, i'll give ya some feed back and let u know if its any good.

Comment

My old man had an 81' Celica Fast/Liftback. It was metallic gray, no, not the new kind... Paint was chipped all the way down to the ground. It was very strong, not a light car, but it was rock hard. It got into an accident with a Hyundai, the Hyundai left with a whole front end ripped, and all the Celica had was a broken taillight. Pretty good foundation. It's considerably a heavier car, looks pretty aerodynamic, as far as parts go, you should transplant a 4AG in for a wider variety of parts, or if you want a challenge, rebuild the one you have. Good Luck

Comment

I am suprised that ur saying its that heavy?
                Maybe u might be thinking of the older model?

I can't be f*cked going outside to check, but from memory it was around 800ish Kg's. Then i took everything out of the rear end to get rid of some weight.

Comment

I said it wasn't a LIGHT car, never said it was heavy.

Comment

"not a light car"

That means heavy, What else could it mean?

Comment

It's not too heavy not too light, pretty balanced. Why are you such an instigator?

Comment

they are heavy and a 4ag would be a bad choice for an engine swap.

Comment

I'm not instigating, you just gave me the impression that u said heavy thats all.

Why do u think a 4AG engine would be a bad swap?

Comment

Because the 4ag has about 90hp to the wheels and equal if not less torque if im not mistaken. That would make an already slow (no offense) car slower . Now if you have mad cash and want to get some type of fully built 4ag with the idea that the lightweight motor will offset some of the weight (like skylines with sr20's in jgtc and whatnot) that might actually be a good idea, but probably better to throw some type of v6 in instead.

Comment

Hell, with some work you could get a small block V8 in there... That'd be fun

Comment

Working...
                              X