How to class a 240sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to class a 240sx?

Can someone class the 240sx, like by model, engine, and options for body and drifting?

See your own sig.

What are you talking about? Class how? Like in a racing series or autocross or what?

Comment

Like is there a model difference in the 240sx, like an se or le model? and is there a certain year that is the most desirable?

Comment

Thiswill probaly help you...
        98 240sx
        chasis code S14
        engine code Ka24de
        hp 155hp
        toque 160lbt
        weight distribution 53/47 front to rear
        front engine rear drive
        factory equiped LSD
        four wheel independent suspension
        four wheel disc brakes
        Drifting is a yes and yes, i would buy one

Comment

It also depends on what your price range is, go to AUTOTRADER.COM or RECYCLER.COM to see different prices on them, overall 240's are good cars

Comment

sry, i have been in a nissan forum after i got flamed. Yes, that helps alot, but what year = s13-15?

Comment

S13: 1989-1994
              S14: 1995-1998
              S15: 1999-2002 or 2003 (Who cares, it's not sold here)

Comment

wow thanks, thats really more what i wanted? ok, then what year would you recommend?

Comment

wat are the stock specs of a s13

Comment

which year do you guys like the most?

Comment

not what WE like, but what YOU like. You have to get out and look at them yourself, sit in them, drive them, feel them, they are all different in their own respects.

Comment

I'd recommend a base model coupe, '91-'93. Since coupes are hard to find, more so base model coupes, you could try to find a hatchback base model from the same years. The reason for this is that coupes are stiffer than hatches. Along those lines, stay away from sunroof-equipped cars.

I prefer the '91-'93 because they'll have less mileage and utilize the more powerful dual-overhead-cam KA, rather than the single-overhead-cam.

Tapethejunkie- Please search before asking questions like that.

Comment

Found a 95 240sx on autotrader for $999, looks like the front end is damaged, doesn't tell if its a manual or not.

Comment

Always think it over before buying a previously crashed car. Does it have a clean title? How bad is the damage? Was there any structural damage? Did the crash damage any components vital to then engine? How expensive will the parts be? How expensive will the labor be?

Sometimes it's better to buy a straight car.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                              Always think it over before buying a previously crashed car. Does it have a clean title? How bad is the damage? Was there any structural damage? Did the crash damage any components vital to then engine? How expensive will the parts be? How expensive will the labor be?

Sometimes it's better to buy a straight car.
                              You should try not to buy a dammaged car because you dont know if the chassis has been compromised. (I.E- Twisted, Broken, Compressed, or Bent.

Like Gridractech said its better to buy a straight car.

D2D

Comment

Working...
                              X