No announcement yet.

Budget 240, Maita, or RX7? Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata's aren't cheap. I've wanted one for awhile now as a daily driver and have yet to find one for $3000 or under. They are awesome drifters though. I have personally seen stock ones out-drift 350Z's.

FC's are hard to learn in. My friend is pretty good in his S13 but spins out in his FC TII. He has even put alot of money in the FC like the steering eliminator bushings, but still has problems.

240's are great. The KA has more than enough torque to get it out. I would rather spend the money on a KA-T than purchase an SR. I have seen many SR's die at drift events. They can't take a beating. RB's are cool, but too darned expensive. I have seen many people rock the stock KA with just suspension mods and drift like mad.

Comment

Mazda RX 7's rule, but the general trend seems to indicate they are high maintanence.

I say go with the miata.

then again, alot of people say that 240's are great cars all around

Comment

Originally posted by boygenius_89
        hmm......i dunno bout "gets girls" for the miata.....
        Heck ya it does, roll up in a lowered miata with the top down and girls scream. Or maybe cuz im just hot stuff

Comment

Rotarys aren't tempermental...everyone thinks they break easy and stuff. Not true. There are NA rotarys with 300k+ on them. Problem is people end up messing something up and blowing the engine. The ONLY flaw is that a lot of the waterjackets are thin in some spots. When I pop my motor (Who knows..I may in the next few years) I have looked into a jb weld reinforcement for that problem. I converted to premix cuz it keeps me lubed better :P
          -Still....s13 is the best begginers car....hell its good for everyone. I kinda want one for a daily driver and something I can beat up on, but I spent all my money on mods

Comment

Your forgot to say the 7 has unpredictable gas milage mine has been between 2 and 32 mpg

Comment

cheapest and easiest way= 240

middle but not too hard or too expensive = miata

the hard way = rx7

Comment

I have a miata for $2000. Has 120k If interested email me

Comment

i dont know if your still looking for info, but i think you should combine twoof them. get an early miata, swap in a turbo rotary, get 1.8L brakes, and a Turbo II or 1.8L diff. some cool 15s or 16s. it would be pretty sweet. or you could just turbo the 1.6L with a Disco potato.

Comment

Working...
                  X