ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally have enough $$ but still have ??s plz help a noob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s View Post
    Many ppl consider a V6 mustang a rip off. So horrible example. It's a muscle car without the muscle. So its just a car....that wants to be a muscle car (ie. rip-off, not to say it doesn't have anything to offer, but still a bad example)

HICAS is bad when drifting. So......No, not "too bad".

The GT-R was never offered in 4WD as I understand it, however it was available in AWD. Yes, there is a difference, I'm not a noob.

AWD cars do not make capable drift platforms, while possible, it is far less than ideal. Why do you think every EVO/Skyline stunt car is converted to FR? AWD cars are AWD for grip, they are by nature, engineered to do exactly opposite what drifting is all about.
    Ai ai, AWD 4WD, although I understand the difference I still use the two interchangeably. As for "too bad" I meant that in a general sense of the term. I am aware the HICAS is not exactly a drifting godsend, however in a pure sports driving sense, HICAS is a good thing. Especially on an AWD (Happy?) platform where the car naturally is going to have understeer issues.

And yes, in D1GP AWD are converted to RWD, however, AWD can still make a competent drift car. Suspension settings and increased power will do it.

There are some very good AWD drifting cars out there, such as the JUN HYPER LEMON EVO V.

As for the V6 mustang. Alright. Ya got me there, it is a bad example. However Skyline GTS's are still very decent all things considered, though not a possibility in USA.

I cannot imagine what I must have said that made you so pissed off, but perhaps next time you could use a little reservation in your rant style attack upon someone. Even someone offering information that may not be 100% accurate is still offering information. While it is fine to correct them, and always in a respectful manner, it is foolish to seemingly attack them. I don't remember coming on these forums and asking stupid questions, merely trying to answer them to the best of my ability.

I am sorry that my answers did not seem to please you. I am sorry that I am such a noob that I said 4wd vs awd, not that I really care to argue over semantics anyway. And I am sorry that I am so delusional to think that awd/4wd can drift. I am quite sorry that I did not completely explain what I meant by despairing over the lack of HICAS.
    I have tried very hard throughout this post not to resort to an out and out flame war, given your attack upon me such a thing is certainly a possibility. I hope I have succeeded. Have a nice day Hachi.

Comment

what's with all these long posts?

don't tell a beginner that AWD cars make competent drift cars, they don't

also why are so many people talking in absolutes??

s14 easiest driftable car that ever came to the usa??

how about the 350z? that's easy as cake to get sideways in stock form compared to an s14. I'm sure there's plenty of other cars i haven't driven that are way easy to drift

blah blah blah

Comment

Good reply, Amaya. I'm suprised that you took offense to what I said here, all I did was offer correction. The most aggressive thing I said was "horrible example", but this is the internet and it is hard to determine emotions, but it seems it did the job. Good.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s View Post
          Good reply, Amaya. I'm suprised that you took offense to what I said here, all I did was offer correction. The most aggressive thing I said was "horrible example", but this is the internet and it is hard to determine emotions, but it seems it did the job. Good.
          I should apologize. I am be no means an authority on these subjects (even though sometimes I am pretty good at winning the authoritative award for being full of poop). Unluckily I happened to read both of your (Hachirokus) posts in this thread and the other back to back, not to mention I had also been at a full workday and missed out on the sleep I needed to get. So I was already a bit irritated. I feel I overreacted. So I want to say sorry on both counts.

And though I am not the brightest, I still think an AWD vehicle has its advantages in terms of drifting. Though I do stand corrected that there is no good AWD learners car.

Anyway, now I have gotten my sleep, and looking back at what I said previously, I am embarrassed of my own insolence. Again, I am sorry.

Comment

Don't worry about it. It happens on the internet. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
              what's with all these long posts?

don't tell a beginner that AWD cars make competent drift cars, they don't

also why are so many people talking in absolutes??

s14 easiest driftable car that ever came to the usa??

how about the 350z? that's easy as cake to get sideways in stock form compared to an s14. I'm sure there's plenty of other cars i haven't driven that are way easy to drift

blah blah blah
              Well good luck with finding a 350Z for $5,000 dollars buddy...

Comment

Working...
              X