This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Drift car..

What do you think a good car would be for me to start drifting with? Im 16 and live in NOR-CAL.. I've owned a 81 FB*RIP* (first gen Rx7) lost it in a drift accident.. And a cutlass (SOLD) and a cougar (FOR SALE ) and im in the midst of looking for a new car that i can drift with.. Since my parents are buying the car they want it to be 91+ Anyone have any good ideas? Probaly have about 4k to spend
    Last edited by sLaVeD; 08-07-2004, 05:16 PM.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6980
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7049

Comment

Get a 91-93 240SX, or an RX-7 FC3S(If you're willing to keep up with it, oil changes, and etc)

Comment

Yea i wanna get another rx7 i have no problem doin all the oil changes and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.. The 240's are clean but when i goto drift events thats all there are i kinda wanna get a car that isn't the hype of drifting cause people will just think that im just another Poser.. I've seen FC's and FD's drift and even some FB'S but not as much as i've seen 240's and Hachis "ae86s"

Comment

Hey man......please stop calling your first-gen an "FB". Its an SA22. The early eighties RX-7's were known as FB's.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
            Hey man......please stop calling your first-gen an "FB". Its an SA22. The early eighties RX-7's were known as FB's.
            It was an 81 Rx7.... So therefore its an FB..... Don't correct something you don't know....

Comment

get a silvia (240sx) dems are kinda heavy bishes but they'll do good. 4000 doesn't give you much room though you'd have to get something bone dry stock in OK condition

Comment

Yea i know it doesn't give me alot of room to get a fully modded car or even a car in perfect condition but it should be enough to get me a nice little project... How much do you estimate a s13/s14 would weigh fully gutted? And I've been hearing that MR2's (91+) arent really a good drift car cause they are rear engine and that puts alot of weight on the rearend So does that not make them a good car to drift? Cause the Rx7's have are light with a light engine and you can gut em and make them even lighter also i've heard that a gutted 91 fc convertable is lighter then a fully gutted s13/s14 is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by sLaVeD
                  It was an 81 Rx7.... So therefore its an FB..... Don't correct something you don't know....
                  Yeah dude wtf

Comment

I believe he has won that arguement!

Comment

Get an NA8CE Roadster, thet too can be had for a little cash, they also have a plethora of aftermarket following. Thats my first choice over any other car out there.

Comment

Re: First Drift car..

What do you think a good car would be for me to start drifting with? Im 16 and live in NOR-CAL.. I've owned a 81 FB*RIP* (first gen Rx7) lost it in a drift accident.. And a cutlass (SOLD) and a cougar (FOR SALE ) and im in the midst of looking for a new car that i can drift with.. Since my parents are buying the car they want it to be 91+ Anyone have any good ideas? Probaly have about 4k to spend
                        \

You said it was a first gen.......and also I didnt see the 81 part, lol.

Comment

Whats a NA8CE ?

Comment

type of motor

Comment

Originally posted by KAUAI KANE
                              type of motor
                              Actually it's the Chassis code for the '94-'97 Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X