2 newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 newbie questions

Hi, im new to here...trying to learn about drifting a bit..before i get my liscense...

1) what is the difference between FR and FF ?

2) how long can tires last if we drift alot with them?

Thanks

Well...... FF means Front engine front wheel drive, which means the engine is on the front and the car is being pulled by the two front tires.
    Examples: Acura Integra, Honda Civic, Ford Taurus, Honda Accord, etc.
    FR means front engine rear wheel drive which means the engine in front and the car is being pushed by the two rear tires.
    Examples: Mazda RX-7, Nissan 240SX, Mazda Miata, Toyota Supra, etc. About how long tires last...... Well...... thats a whole different story..

Comment

and actually...it means that Integra cant really drift ? :'(

Comment

Again thats another story about the integra. Theres a really long thread arguing about FF drifting. I dont wanna say no or yes, but hey it cant hurt to try right??? But another thing, BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DOING STUFF LIKE THIS. This kind of thing is no joke. One little mistake can turn into a huge problem in a matter of seconds.

Comment

actually..I'll forget the integra, i'm thinking more about 86'...

and btw, can we drift with stock cars? or the suspension will brake ?

Comment

Originally posted by steph3n
            actually..I'll forget the integra, i'm thinking more about 86'...

and btw, can we drift with stock cars? or the suspension will brake ?
            Yes, Parts will eventually brake in time.

Comment

ok, what the hell.

You can drift ANYTHING. Doesnt' mean it's great for it, but anything will slide.

What is this "we"?

Stop asking mongoloid questions and read some of the other threads. There must be 300 threads with these same questions in them. Hell there's a huge thread about the 86 right there..

How old are you? 13? 14?

Comment

i know you like flaming...but can't you just help me a bit...like give me that 86''s thread link ?

Comment

No. Just search, or just scroll down a little bit. We aren't your internet mommies, we aren't here to hold your hand and show you how everything works. You have to take the initiative.

Comment

Pretty much. Ask me a question worth asking and I will do what i can to help you. Ask me bullchit questions and get pointed to the search button.

Comment

also, remember imports arent the only cars that can drift
                      main prioritys for a car would be

1) rear wheel drive
                      2) large aftermarket
                      3) cheap and plentiful

one car that shines in all 3 categories is the ford mustang, preferably the older boxy ones.

The ae86 has a relativly small aftermarket compared to the mustang and is getting to be more expensive. You can go to any auto part store and buy parts for the mustang. Just a thought.

Comment

the fox body...i.e. the old 5.0.

That or a camaro are never a bad call. their horsepower-to-cost ratio is pretty low too.

Comment

Tires will last about an hour if your out there constantly drifting. And thats being hopefull.

Comment

Not really flaming.

He's right, these are questions that can be readily answered by clicking around a little bit on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by steph3n
                              and actually...it means that Integra cant really drift ? :'(

That may not nessacerally be the case, I just depends on how
                              the car is setup, I have this picture of this yellow FF mistubishi
                              magna drifting just to prove a point that anything is driftable.
                              It just takes guts to get out there & give it a go in front of FR drifters.

Comment

Working...
                              X