X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
      SR20DET isn't necessary in a 240SX (S13) anyways. Too much money, too little parts support (sure my buddy Derek has one in his 1989, he also works at a Nissan dealership) and the KA24 is a superb platform for turbocharging and for N/A tuning.

In fact, 240SX's WITH the KA24DE were the dominant car in the old IMSA GTU category, fighting tooth and nail with Dodge Daytonas (gotta love the Turbo 2.2), Pontiac Fieros (Huffaker built some fierce Fieros in the 80's) and RX7's.

For your viewing pleasure, here's a picture of Butch Leitzinger's IMSA GTU factory Nissan 240SX from 1991. Enjoy, and maybe consider that JDM isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Actually the GTU 240SX ran the 2.8 liter straight six (aka 280zx motor) in it, contrary to popular belief. I would agree stick with the KA24DE it has lots of potential..
      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

yes i did get i for a steal BUT im havin some serious problems with it right now......my tranny.... but when it was running i liked it alot more than my friends s14 that he has, its lighter and more power but anyway, as im finding out keep the thing n/a its better for drifting apparenly...

Comment

I would get a turbo two its easier to make horsepower. I did it and I don't regret it!
          Ryan Hampton

Comment

how much do the 13bt go for?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the Leitzinger car, Ryan. Always thought that those cars were KA powered. Were the Kryderacing cars also L28?

Comment

Yeah, the kryder car also had the 2.8 in it. A year before that they them to have turbos!

Are you talking 13b T or whole car?
                Ryan Hampton

Comment

only the engine

Comment

Working...
                  X