No announcement yet.

200MPH Gear Setups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought he just walked away, are you shure he was airlifted?

after that crash that car looked like a sunquist can that someone just jumped on....

Comment

no he was definitely air lifted.....stayed in the hospital a couple of days

thank you....Silver State Classic....i don't know why but i couldn't remember the name of the event for the life of me :P

definitely good info posted up earlier

Late,
      Daniel
      Last edited by realSILVIA; 02-18-2005, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I agree with drift for food. Aero dynamics are key and engineering is a must. Most cars you see run on the wangan are soo f'ing aerodymanic. I mean they sit centimeeters from the ground. The rear valence is dialed in to the right degree. The underbody is completley flat. They have the righ diffusers in the right place. I have seen a hachi reach 180mph looked like fun but it looked scarry too cus it had 3 people in it. Take it easy man and just go 140 or something lol. Trust me s13's just arnt made for hi-speed runs. You want to see an s13 go fast then play tokyo extreme racer or something. But as for rea life you would totaly have to rebuild the frame for extra strength and you would have to get the body to be like an arrow. Its already close to it but you really have to smooth it out and make it look like its all one peice.

Comment

what im really asking is if anyone knows who makes tall geared trannys or drivetrain parts for a PS13(coupe 240sx with sr20det) or RPS13 (fastback 240sx with sr20det).

p.s.- i put the parentheses for anyone who doesnt know not to show off. i think that more people should do this (clue in type of stuff) so noobs know what everything is, to save the headaches of useless threads.

thanks

Comment

iirc OS Giken makes a gearset for the SR20 tranny.....i'd try to contact them to see if they can make you a custom ratio gearset and a custom final drive

Late,
            Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by RHS13 BOB
              I was wondering what the gear setup would be for an s13 to go 200 or over? Anyone know? Also what gear setups for other cars too i.e./fc, fd, ae86, 300zx, 240z

(dont bug me about this being off topic and not drift related, i thought this would be the best place to ask)

Thanks
              if you check out mariah motorsports http://www.mariahmotorsports.com/specialprojects.htm, they had an FC go over 200 mph on some salt flats and i dont think they needed to go right wild with it, stock rear end, stock wheels, just some upgrades and possibly tranny gearing? p.s. they make some sick a$$ wide body kits for the FC. can you say sexy?

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

200+mph

all you have to do is make your gear ratios longer so with every shift it gives motor longer to speed up and get good tires to boot

Comment

just so you know, my friend in a stock-body, lowered (2" ground clearance) S13 did 276 km/h , and he had about 260 horsepower at the wheels with his SR20. He was at 7000 rpm in fifth when he hit his drag-limited top speed. (I've got a video, so it's legit).

You could just use bigger rear tires, good tires all round, do a few mods to reduce drag (ie. remove mirrors, close off ducts on the front, leave only a little opening for the rad, etc), and run about 350 whp and I am sure you could get to 200 mph.

Comment

Working...
                    X