ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont care what motor u have, if u beat any car hard daily dont plan on it lasting past 60-70k. Something will most likely break. ESPICALLY if your making alot more power over stock. Rotary or not, your engine will blow, And yes putting a 20b and making 600hp is not uncommon. A well setup 20b will run 9's. and as for bottom end. We can use our stock seals for anything. Most drag cars running 7's are using stock seals. When other cars have to upgrade almost everything for them to last.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
      i dont care what motor u have, if u beat any car hard daily dont plan on it lasting past 60-70k. Something will most likely break. ESPICALLY if your making alot more power over stock. Rotary or not, your engine will blow, And yes putting a 20b and making 600hp is not uncommon. A well setup 20b will run 9's. and as for bottom end. We can use our stock seals for anything. Most drag cars running 7's are using stock seals. When other cars have to upgrade almost everything for them to last.
      I think your rotary mind set has made you think piston motors can't handle abuse. What about all the single turbo supras making 600whp and up as daily drivers with over 100K on the odometer??? A well set up anything will run 9's, doesn't mean it'll happen under 50k and be able to do it more than once. I've seen first hand that stock seals will NOT handle big power when you drive the car every day, the rotary motors running 7's...how many passes do you think they make before they change motors?? Maybe one or two. No one said anything about 600hp on a 20b, he said 800whp, BIG difference, 600whp isn't uncommon around here for 13b's. I abused the RB I had in my 240 EVERY day, just beat the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of it for about 5 months straight, and the last time I did comp check it was over 160 in all 6 cyl(well until some little douche bag drove it and shut it off immediately after boosting 10lbs up about an 1/8 mile long hill). Dont even try to tell me a rotary motor is going to be as reliable as a STOCK SVT motor, even if you babied your 13b, and abused the Cobra, the cobra will run longer, I'd bet on that.
      Last edited by Nismo241; 03-26-2005, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo241
        Dont even try to tell me a rotary motor is going to be as reliable as a STOCK SVT motor, even if you babied your 13b, and abused the Cobra, the cobra will run longer, I'd bet on that.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3A1%3A1v_home

hope you didnt bet anything valueble.

Comment

Originally posted by defiantfc3s
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3A1%3A1v_home

hope you didnt bet anything valueble.
          Why, that post is irrelevant, it has a 12a not a 13b. And plus, that motor doesn't even make 1/4 the power as the cobra so again, irrelevant.

Comment

12a was made before 13b, so that means that 13b could last even longer.

Comment

12a was made before 13b, so that means that 13b could last even longer.
              Umm, no, it doesn't work that way.

Comment

oh about the 7sec rx7. Quoted from him "35-40 passes" For a stock seal, turbo, no nitrous rx7

Comment

and if u want stock for stock, 20b stock motor in a FD will run the same times as a stock SVT, and will not have any problems. And will last just as long. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* a NA 20b in a FB will murder everything, and last forever

Comment

Who cares about the power? GOSH! If you fools actually read the article, the new Cobra STILL does not have IRS... WTF? They had it back in '01-'02 IIRC.

Comment

oh about the 7sec rx7. Quoted from him "35-40 passes" For a stock seal, turbo, no nitrous rx7
                      Do you really think they are going to tell everyone how often they blow motors?

Comment

and if u want stock for stock, 20b stock motor in a FD will run the same times as a stock SVT, and will not have any problems. And will last just as long. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* a NA 20b in a FB will murder everything, and last forever
                        Sure after you buy the car, find a decent motor, and then swap it, or you could just buy the cobra and be done with it and have more potential for after market. But please tell me, which model FD came stock with a 20b??? Cause a swapped car isnt stock any more. You'd be comparing apples to oranges there.

Comment

Sure after you buy the car, find a decent motor, and then swap it, or you could just buy the cobra and be done with it and have more potential for after market. But please tell me, which model FD came stock with a 20b??? Cause a swapped car isnt stock any more. You'd be comparing apples to oranges there.
                          if want stock the 13B REW will last just as long, and with a FEW mods, you could have power. Mods are always fun.

Comment

if want stock the 13B REW will last just as long, and with a FEW mods, you could have power. Mods are always fun.
                            13b REW's are notorious for their 80K motor swap/turbo swap. the REW was the most unreliable out of the 13b's. Just face it, your rotary will not have the same longevity as most piston motors, especially one build by SVT and Carrol shelby.

Comment

13b REW's are notorious for their 80K motor swap/turbo swap. the REW was the most unreliable out of the 13b's. Just face it, your rotary will not have the same longevity as most piston motors, especially one build by SVT and Carrol shelby.
                              ive seen 13B REW's last 80k and ive seen the last 200k, it depends on who you are and how you treat the motor. SO What if they dont last as long. id like to rebuild a rotary engine than have some ugly piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* than ran forever. Felix was as great of man as Carrol.

Comment

ive seen 13B REW's last 80k and ive seen the last 200k, it depends on who you are and how you treat the motor. SO What if they dont last as long. id like to rebuild a rotary engine than have some ugly piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* than ran forever. Felix was as great of man as Carrol.

What do you mean so what if they don't last long? Isn't the point of building a motor that you will drive daily to make it stronger so it will last? A mans character has nothing to do with how well their cars are built, I belive any shelby car to be on a whole different playing field than any rotary powered car, don't get me wrong, I love FD's, but I as well as MANY others like to have a car that will last. And generally speaking, FD's don't last long, sure you have your occasional high mileage one, but the majority are toast after 80k miles give or take a few K miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X