ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont care about this power thing anymore, or this "im more relaible". For a rx7 making 350hp will be fine enough and can be extremely reliable. If a cobra has 450hp so what. its built for straight lines. Rx7's are not, bascially i dont think anything built with a rotary was meant for drag racing. All im saying is a SVT cobra doesnt impress me. As for swaping in a 20b into a FD. a Cobra is basically a modded mustang brought out by the manufacturer. Mazda just didnt do the same thing. But id like to think they would have done a 20b swap for the rx7 as a option from the factory

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
      i dont care about this power thing anymore, or this "im more relaible". For a rx7 making 350hp will be fine enough and can be extremely reliable. If a cobra has 450hp so what. its built for straight lines. Rx7's are not, bascially i dont think anything built with a rotary was meant for drag racing. All im saying is a SVT cobra doesnt impress me. As for swaping in a 20b into a FD. a Cobra is basically a modded mustang brought out by the manufacturer. Mazda just didnt do the same thing. But id like to think they would have done a 20b swap for the rx7 as a option from the factory

The motor in the cobra isn't the same motor as in the GT's, it's not even built in the same factory, I know the older SVT cobra motors were all hand assembled, and I'm sure the new ones are too.

Comment

Nismo i think you're missing my point to begin with, why pay 50k for a overweight car when you can do so much better with that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
          Nismo i think you're missing my point to begin with, why pay 50k for a overweight car when you can do so much better with that kind of money.
          I got that point, I was just bored so I thought it would be fun to 'debate'. I agree that 50K could go towards something better, I know I wouldn't be spending it on that cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
            it'll cost me roughly 10k to build my half bridge and thats all new parts plus tubo kit etc, and i'll expect it to last well over 60k miles. 50 grand would build me two 20b powered FDs pushing 800+whp on pump gas.
            i dont know whether to think you're just being sarcastic or you're just stupid.

i own a FD.

www.autotechmotorsports.com my car is the the red fd on the left corner of the opening picture.. and the black one is a 20B.

now if you can really do all that you say... .then you're not as stupid as all my other FD/FC friends think.

Comment

Love the big power, but for the price there is no excuse to use a live axle. You can tell where Ford's priorities are, when all their boring stuff get's 4-wheel independent suspension, but their performance cars get stuck with truck axles. They did it so they can use some of the designs from the truck (heads, axle, etc.) and save money. Probably made the idea of a V8 rwd low-volume car an easier sell to the bean counters.

I'd much rather start with a Mustang GT or C5 Z06 and have it modified the way I want it than to pay for the Shelby name. 500hp from the stock 3V is as easy as bolting on a supercharger.

Comment

Originally posted by rainslicked
                i dont know whether to think you're just being sarcastic or you're just stupid.

i own a FD.

www.autotechmotorsports.com my car is the the red fd on the left corner of the opening picture.. and the black one is a 20B.

now if you can really do all that you say... .then you're not as stupid as all my other FD/FC friends think.
                I did over exaggerate with the 2 20b FDs.

Comment

Working...
                X