No announcement yet.

Fast and the Furious 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hatebbobbarker, sorry for the sarcasim...

"Flames lick the Toyota's soot-stained bumper. The Supra jumps to the outside lane in pursuit of a caged Skyline, which is working hard to distance itself from the flamethrower. Both cars crest 130 mph and continue to accelerate. Another flame belches from the Supra's pipe as the driver shifts to top gear and stomps the throttle back to the floor. At a buck fifty plus, the Toyota pulls out for the pass. Both cars continue to accelerate and are now up to more than 165 mph. Side by side, they blast through the damp, late-night air, their earsplitting exhausts echoing off buildings and the tall retaining walls thatt surround this stretch of elevated Tokyo highway. At 180 mph, the Skyline still has a nose on the Supra. Neither car can go any faster. Both drivers back off. The race has been won. Welcome to the Wangan." Jared Holstein-SCC magazine(May 2003

"Unlike U.S.-style street drag racing where you can throw a junkyard big-block and a big shot of nitrous at any vintage American *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* pile and win for relatively few bucks, it costs a fortune to be a frontrunner on the straights of the Wangan. Apart from the astronomical horsepower figures and associated price tag required to go 300-plus km/h-or about 180 mph-suspension, chassis, wheel/tire and aero are all critical considerations. The risks are significant. At these speeds, a crash will imbed your teeth in concrete 600 feet from your testicles."Jared Holstein,SCC(May 2003)

Comment

Rule wangan out, I like my damn testicles!!!! But seriously though, w/e hype this movie is gonna get, I think the worse part is the people who are gonna go there in there rice cars, see cars drift, get to the parking lot and try it, and hit a light pole at about 30 MPH, that an actually having to sit through the movie with all those people in there!

Comment

Wangan top speed racing has taken a bit of a dive lately - cops started cracking down big-time. More popular of late was the roulette-zouko racing, doing laps around the "circle" formed by the Tokyo inner-city expressway. That also died down in the last half year due to a big crack down by the cops and new speed cameras. I haven't been out there for a couple of months, though, so it may have picked up again for the summer season. It's been a police state on the streets of Tokyo during the day, cops are everywhere lately (for Japan, at least).

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
        www.avoturboworld.com
        www.sevenphotos.com
        www.apexjapan.com

Comment

ya even the one night I went to Nanko to the drift spot they were sitting there all night then drove past videoing all the licence plates

Comment

OMG, THIS MOVIE'S GONNA BE THE END TO US ALL!! quick catch the next flight to japan....if not, convert back the drag racers/street racer/autoX drivers you once were and drive around Hondas, European imports, or Muscle Cars so you wont get stared at by every passing cop once this movie comes out!!

Comment

Initial Furious

Comment

Well unlike Cali our local events lack a whole lot of support. I'm hoping we get a few new folks even if they are trying to be cool. They might get hooked and become decent drivers. On the Flip side we might asses that have no respect for the sport and act like bung holes on the track. We'll keep an eye out for those Bozos.

We dont really have touges in Texas so our events give a venue to drift. This might help us have monthly or bimonthly events. That would be the positive side to this crazy F&F serires.

Comment

Working...
                X