Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast and the Furious 3

By Gregg Kilday

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Indie director Justin Lin has jumped in the driver's seat for the third film in the "Fast and the Furious" franchise.

Lin, who established himself on the independent film scene with 2002's "Better Luck Tomorrow," will shoot the sequel to Universal's two previous car race movies in the fall on locations in the U.S. and Asia.

The new film -- tentatively titled "The Fast and the Furious 3" -- will be set in Tokyo amid the underground world of Japanese drift racing. Its plot centers on Shaun Boswell, who, to avoid jail, goes to live with his uncle, a military officer, in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo.

The first "Fast" movie, directed by Rob Cohen and released in 2001, grossed $207 million worldwide. Its sequel, "2 Fast 2 Furious," directed by John Singleton and released in 2003, took in $236 million worldwide. Together, both DVD titles have sold more than 20 million units.

Lin -- who was born in Taiwan, and raised in southern California -- directed, co-wrote and was one of the producers of "Better Luck Tomorrow," which revolved around Asian-American high school seniors who embark on a crime spree. He is in postproduction on Disney's "Annapolis," starring James Franco, Tyrese Gibson and Jordana Brewster, which is scheduled for a fall release.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

If the producers of F&F3 see this thread they should sponcer a Big X american tour to promote the movie
    http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-22-2005, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Thank god they stay away from the Euro DTM scene, you guys will all look like F&TF 3 Posers...lmao...

Comment

oh god, there doing to destroy drifting with this movie. I pray it never comes out. Look at what it did with the civics, now everyone has one and they are all FNF posers. Now there are going to be millions of AE's and 240s floatin around that think they are drifters, show off and screw up, and make us all look like dumb@$$es and we will get sh1t for it.

Comment

I hope it's horribly inacurate so everyone on this board can concentrate on bashing it. God I hate reading posts with real info and questions.

Comment

i think most of the ricers already know about drifting.

the main thing will probably more attention from cops.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
              i think most of the ricers already know about drifting.

the main thing will probably more attention from cops.

i dont know about more cop attention, and most ricers do know about drifting, but the movie will make all the ricers jump out of civics and into drift cars because " its whats cool "

Comment

Sweet. More smashed up cars = more parts for me

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_drift
                  Sweet. More smashed up cars = more parts for me
                  ya, that would be cool, hang around where they are filming and when they crash their cars just jump in like vultures and grab parts

Comment

well it seems there was alot more focus on street racing after the first fast and furious....

this movie may make it seem alot of fun, which it is, but dont you think most of them have been to a drift event to watch or watched in online or even tried it or watched initial d whatever.

at first i was kinda liek oh *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* this is gonna suck, but now when i think about it more i dont think its gonnna be that big of a deal. probably will be kinda wack for like a year or so until they realize that they dont liek drifting.

i dotn think itll be that bad. i might even go see it if ihave time to make a matenhea or however its spelled lol

Comment

All I know it it will make it easy for me to sell the new drift movies to the majors. They still don't quite get it, but now they will be like.
                      OH it's in TFATF, I'll take 50,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

At least the plot sounds sorta good.Sorta....

Comment

the problem i'm not going to like is when the prices of everything good goes up. shoot, i remember when those "pimped out" civics (wings and a fart can) were going for $3k above blue book.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                            At least the plot sounds sorta good.Sorta....
                            Great plot, Avoid jail and move to Japan to be a drifter...rofl...

Comment

Originally posted by ///AMG
                              Great plot, Avoid jail and move to Japan to be a drifter...rofl...
                              That's what I'd do hahaha

B-Wurm

Comment

Working...
                              X