saw a S13 fly off a cliff on Mt. Azusa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feint
    The accidents weed out the drifters from the rest.If crashing scares you,you'll never progress in drifting,or racing for that matter.It's something we all have to accept,even in the most controlled enviroments things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye.
    Uh...I never drifted before...Cuz of money and time(really busy)issues...I just like watching it...I'll do it someday...I drive an FF, and I have no problem with it. It's a good car. But if you're calling me a puszy cuz I don't drift, race or whatever then so be it...I'm not one of those 14 year olds that come on this forum that claim to be a drifter. I'm 18 and I live on my own, I choose not to drift...

Comment

yeah some touge runs are just stupid. Like the ones were you can die. Sorry *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like this isn't worth falling off a cliff.

remeber hearing about some kid in a ek a while back on honda-tech falling off like the top of that with his GF Stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

I heard it was a Supra with the girlfriend. I could be wrong, been a while I've heard / talked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
          Uh...I never drifted before...Cuz of money and time(really busy)issues...I just like watching it...I'll do it someday...I drive an FF, and I have no problem with it. It's a good car. But if you're calling me a puszy cuz I don't drift, race or whatever then so be it...I'm not one of those 14 year olds that come on this forum that claim to be a drifter. I'm 18 and I live on my own, I choose not to drift...
          at least youre honest about not drifting. not like allot of these posers on this board.

too many people try to act like veteran drifters when they cant even do it good.

Comment

Comment

HEY MAN I'M 14 AND I DO DRIFT! in video games

Comment

Good make sure you keep it that way until your financially fit...

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                  The accidents weed out the drifters from the rest.If crashing scares you,you'll never progress in drifting,or racing for that matter.It's something we all have to accept,even in the most controlled enviroments things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye.
                  I can definitly relate to this quote. I have had a fear of crashing since my last accident where I T-boned a blazer (in a 94 corolla) at about 60-70mph. I cracked 3 ribs and got my sternum pushed back in my body cavity. Since then I have had a fear of crashing any anyone that knows me is lucky to see me driving any more than 5mph over the speed limit. I do actively auto-x but only for fun. I have never said I am a great drifter. I only do it from time to time (when no one or nothing is around to hit). So I guess all I can say to the younger people on here is to take things slow. I got wreckless and could have killed 4 people in the blink of an eye. Things will always happen that you cant expect but be as safe as possible.

Comment

how large was the cliff?

i agree, dont really start drifting until you have a solid job and can support it...i started about a year ago in a datsun z, then last summer when i got my s13, i continued...but due to drift/racing complications my car was decomissioned by a blown motor. when i bought my car i had a job, but i got "released" about a month before my motor went....that was last november....and now i get my car back in about 2 weeks cause i just now got the money to fix it. i have kept drifting from time to time in that Z, but i cant wait to actually be able to seriously drift again. yesterday i was up on a local mountain road, and it was kinda foggy and raining, and guess what.... i made a dumb decision thinking i could dowhill in the rain, and it resulted in a spin on the touge...luckily no crash, but it did scare the poo out of me.... just be safe, and have fun, but not at the expense of other people's lives...

Note: im not anti-touge by anymeans, but if youre gonna be up there, do it right with car to car communication and people watching the bottom for other cars...and night time is the best, in the day its just plain dumb

Comment

It was Wild E Coyote large...Seriously it was 50 yards to the bottom...

Comment

is it a complete write off ?
                        Last edited by ; 08-20-2004, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Kinda both...It's first a real cliff for 10 yards and da rest is like a sled hill...

Comment

Originally posted by Tybalt
                            I can definitly relate to this quote. I have had a fear of crashing since my last accident where I T-boned a blazer (in a 94 corolla) at about 60-70mph. I cracked 3 ribs and got my sternum pushed back in my body cavity. Since then I have had a fear of crashing any anyone that knows me is lucky to see me driving any more than 5mph over the speed limit. I do actively auto-x but only for fun. I have never said I am a great drifter. I only do it from time to time (when no one or nothing is around to hit). So I guess all I can say to the younger people on here is to take things slow. I got wreckless and could have killed 4 people in the blink of an eye. Things will always happen that you cant expect but be as safe as possible.
                            I'm not very good at saying things after reading stuff like this. All I gotta say is ouch...

Comment

Worse than that Thai, I went into work the very next day. Let me tell you lifting 150+ lb dogs isnt fun in that condition, lol.

Comment

Well 'hoped they didn't bite...

Comment

Working...
                                X