Takumi's AE86 engine...InitialD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takumi's AE86 engine...InitialD

hey...I woould like to know what's the engine of Takumi's AE86 that could go up to 12 000 RPM....and the price?

I know its impossible to put one in but still for my own curiousity...

Thanks

its a cartoon dude.

they said it was some kind of touring car motor. race only.

Comment

Go ask here http://www.idforums.net/

Comment

it's possible to put one in, you just can't buy that legally, UNLESS u are apart of toyota's racing team

Comment

or Bunta

I swear his tofu shop is a front for drugs, who the hell gets that kind of money to buy a TRD 4A-GE and then a 22B just selling tofu

I bet Takumi is really making drug runs every morning

Comment

I think it might be a race built engine from the JDM AE111 or something like that cuz I think they said it had valve timing or something. Blah, I wish Toyota would bring back the AE86, but blah, its never gonna happen.

Comment

its the TRD (toyota racing develpoment) 4A-GE 20 Valve. and yes it comes with an 11.5k rpm redline. and yes it is a real motor...and can be purchased like a tomei built sr20 can be. my friend was looking into getting a J-spec HachiRoku and putting taht motor in it.

Comment

TOM'S also has race tuned 4A-GE's, 1.6L and 1.8L motors making 180 ps and 200 ps, respectively. they also have a tuned 3S-GE too.
                the 4A-GE's run about $9000 to $11,000 or so. Half the price I've heard for the TRD 4AG in takumi's car

Comment

10 grand is waaaaaaaay to much money to spend on making that kind of power.

Comment

the TRD engines make about 250 hp and they cost twice as much

Comment

that is way, way, WAY too much to pay for that kind of horsepower as well.

stupid. amazing motors, but there's no replacement for displacement....and if you can't get displacement than force feed the thing.

Only real use for these motors is legit racing in classes that won't allow a real mill.

Comment

Racing engines cost big bucks bottomline. I don't think it's realistic to think it would be cheap by any means. Rebello Racing sells a Datsun Z engine for 13 thousand bucks, compared to 10k for the 20 valve TRD, and I'm sure thats the LOWER end of the price spectrum for race engines.

Comment

sounds to me a lot like a formula atlantic engine (4AGE). numbers sound right, as does the price :P

Comment

10k for that engione ?? i tought there were alot of 20v

Comment

Hey

Typed in some key words on Google, the TRD Formula Atlantic engine is $14,500 on toysport.com.

I remember an article on a issue of car and driver (one with the Enzo on the cover) about the formula atlantic series and especially the 4A-GE. There's a great pic of the engine with a golden top, stuffed in the back of one of the race cars. Anyway, the engines can go well beyond 11K rpm, but are limited to that number due to race regulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X