ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there is alot of anger here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think there is alot of anger here?

It has come to my attention that many of the people on this forum dont get along very well. I see alot of noobs get flamed for stupid questions, people not willing to help others, people arguing for no apparent reason, and others just plain being mean. Alot of people here also dont like CHRISTIAN RADO that much. Why not? He may be arrogant and all this hoopla but at least he admits it. His opinion on drifting was sort of stupid but watever its an opinion, just like mine. There is way to much anger in this place. I think EVERYONE should just stop and think before they type. What do you guys think on this issue. I really dont want drifters to be depicted as the cocky/arrogant kinda guys that think all other forms of motor racing suck. Im not saying that everyone here is like this or thinks like this but alot of people act like it. I just want the anger to stop!
    Yes there is way too much anger!
    52.78%
    No, we are angry for a reason!
    25.00%
    I dont know, im a newb and dont know.
    0.00%
    Nismosigma is an idiot for making this thread.
    22.22%

Well, to answer your questions.

Alot of people here do not like when the same new person questions are repeated weekly because the new person in question is too lazy to use a search function and find the answer.
    That is why we put a "New to Drifting" section here so that new people can go there and more easily find the answers to their questions. So with the search function and the "New to Drifting" section in place, when someone makes a thread called "S13 or S14, need help please" they get what they deserve far as i'm concerned. Not only did they not search for the answer but they didn't post in the correct section. I have nothing against new people, I encourage them, but find out info for yourself. Don't think that your question, for some cosmic reason, has never been asked before. Think about what you type before you type it.

Alot of people have been here alot longer than you have and they get tired of the same questions repeated. When I hear of any other forums bad mouthing this one, 99% of the time, it is because of that right there.

Alot of people do not like Christian Rado because of the way Christian Rado portrays himself. He comes off, in everything that I have read about him, as a pompous, "i'm better than you" way that causes people not to like him. Does he care? Probably not. That's ok. But people are going to voice their opinion on the subject of a person that pays 14 grand for a cell phone just because Madonna and other stars have one, getting into the sport that they love. You don't want Drifters to be depicted as cocky and arrogant but yet you are ok with Rado, as long as he admits it. Well, Christians is the kind of attitude alot of people don't want.

Forums are going to be forums. This place is very tame compared to others out there. Since we are a very tolerating bunch and do not let other members needlessly run all over people, we get alot of underage posters. They are going to ask repeat or stupid questions. Just because someone types "Search" does not mean that they are flaming them. It is just pointing them in the right direction.

Your friend is an *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and you should feel sad by listening to him! The S16 that Nissan is devolping right now maybe coming to america but i heard in a magazine that in 2007 the skyline will come to the USA. But than again they might sell it as a G36 for Infiniti.
    Also, you might try listening to yourself once in awhile. Adding to the very thing that you want stopped is kind of hypocritical, don't you think.
    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 09-28-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

That is very true but im just talking about how people behave here. If someone looks at a thread that is meaningless and pointless, they got the function to report to admin. I really dont think they should be flamed. They are noobs, everyone in here was once a noob and alot of people wouldve given theyre left nut to just know everything about the sport as alot of people do now.

as fot the quote, it was meant to be a joke, i still answered the poor guys question. lol its called sarcasm aha!

Comment

Rado paid more for his cell phone than most ppl pay for their cars

Comment

I think there are more angry forums. Ziptied is one of them, but that's all in good fun, haha. Here, the anger is purely out of ignorance, and any potential for mature debate is often overshadowed by people who think they're experts and are too stubborn to admit they are wrong.

Comment

I don't hate anyone. I love everyone. I try and help, but when you see the same dumb questions being asked weekly... "What is a good drift car?" You get tired of such questions.

Anyways, it's a matter of perspective. Rado is not a jerk in real life. He is cocky, but he's not a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in real life. I met him in Dallas and he actually is willing to talk with fans or random people about his car and his future plans.

So my point, I agree with Ghost, but everyone has their own different opinions. Do not think that everyone feels the same way...

Matt.

Comment

Here's my take on this situation.
              There are alot of conflicting personalities on this forum. Some are here to learn, some are here to show off, some are here for fun, while others are die hard motorsports and drifting fans.
              What I've learned is that you really can't take the internet personally. People get offended too easily by others OPINIONS.

To the flamers.
              A few of the members on here are a little to high and mighty and think that because their post counts that they are supreme drifters and kings of the world, but from what I've seen alot of the senior members know what they're talking about. My point is if you don't know a person you can't tell if he's a noob or not by reading a stupid post on a forum. He might know alot about cars and drifting he might not, DON'T JUDGE!

About the noobs and there questions.
              This will never end, it is pointless to think that it will. If you dont like a noobs question, DON'T ANSWER IT!!!! Putting them down and calling them what they already know they are is ridiculous.
              They are new to drifting, thats why they are asking the questions. Sure they could research and find out on there own, but sometimes they feel asking is easier.

I'm done rambling.

Comment

i try to be nice and help people but heres the crap i read on here day after day

" i drifted my _____(insert automatic FWD vehicle) in the rain the other day! what can i do to make ti drift better"

"what is a good drift car, can i copy your setup and throw money at a car, i dont wanna learn how to drive or do research, just copy this car"

" im in high school and my freind says a rb26dett will bolt up to my civic, can you help me do it?"

it gets annoying.

also there are a TON of posers on this board, i personally just cannot stand those types of poeple. dont be a poser. bothering a celeb/driver at HIN/FD doesnt mean you know them. dont post like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydm180sx
                  Here's my take on this situation.
                  There are alot of conflicting personalities on this forum. Some are here to learn, some are here to show off, some are here for fun, while others are die hard motorsports and drifting fans.
                  What I've learned is that you really can't take the internet personally. People get offended too easily by others OPINIONS.

To the flamers.
                  A few of the members on here are a little to high and mighty and think that because their post counts that they are supreme drifters and kings of the world, but from what I've seen alot of the senior members know what they're talking about. My point is if you don't know a person you can't tell if he's a noob or not by reading a stupid post on a forum. He might know alot about cars and drifting he might not, DON'T JUDGE!

About the noobs and there questions.
                  This will never end, it is pointless to think that it will. If you dont like a noobs question, DON'T ANSWER IT!!!! Putting them down and calling them what they already know they are is ridiculous.
                  They are new to drifting, thats why they are asking the questions. Sure they could research and find out on there own, but sometimes they feel asking is easier.

I'm done rambling.
                  YES, OH GOD YES! thats exactly right, i couldn't agree more. I have nothing to add or take away, but I would like to say that jaydm180sx isn't the only one who thinks this way.

Comment

I would say that there is some anger on the forum but, not as much as some. I think that the anger comes from people that like to ask the same questions over and over and people that bring up the oldest posts just to post their two cents. I know this mostly because it makes me unhappy. Nothing on the internet ever makes me angry, hey, it's just a computer. Anyways, I was into drifting a long time before the forum started. Living in Hawaii with frequent trips to Japan got me acquainted with this lifestyle. I knew all of the basics of drifting before the site so, I never needed to ask the typical newbie questions. Also, I am interested enough to scour the net for every bit of drifting related material as well as magazines. As for the people that only want to pick fights with other members, you'll earn no respect from me which, is something I give to most on this forum. There are no drifters here so, drifting.com is my salvation. I love the site and hope that it can be improved in whatever ways possible. My suggestions would be a more model or engine specific forum, I know that there are other forums out there for this but, I think that drifting.com is of much better quality than those trashy forums. I would like other members to speak up on their views and opinions on what can be changed in order to make a good thing even better.

Comment

There are too many utterly pointless threads….

Takumi's AE86 engine...InitialD

Carbon fiber hub caps? At least it was locked

anybody know what BOV Drift King uses? Read and see what’s wrong with it

maybe I just take stuff too seriously

Comment

Yes I just try and ignore the most flagrant offenders but occasionally I get a chuckle out of the silliest ones. I'm pretty good at dealing with stupidity and immaturity.... High School has tons of both.

Comment

Ok id like to point out that were talking about us, NOT OTHER FORUMS. Forget the rest of them, dont compare them to this, im talking about this forum. Some people
                          (*cough*scirocco *cough*) have been real jerks when it comes to a couple of situations. I think we should all take some sort of oath that we wont be asshats to each other. We only got us as drifters and potential drifters. Some people are noobs in this forum but its expected. As you can see there is already some hatred in this anti-hate tread, this bothers me cause when i try to bring out a problem, alot of people are in denial and dont want to accept it.

PS-i only added the last thing in poll to be generous but whoever voted 4, you arnt nice people! :'(

Comment

i have noticed that this forum is rather charged with negative energy, that's why i usually tend not to post here often...

...it is however very, very informative with quite a few people who know their stuff when it comes to slip angles and suspension geometry and the like(shout to gridRAcetech)...i've learned alot from this forum

...i just think some of you guys are a little too hard on the new kids, sites like driftcentral.com are a little more welcoming but not so informative

Comment

Yea alot of the guys in here that know what theyre doing post like friggin drifting gods. Nissanguy were ever you are, I miss you! LOL. But all ive seen latley is "Were can i get kaido battle 2" or "WTB WTB WTB" it gets out of hand. I try to be like jesus, and be mild-tempered, but when it gets out of hand, i start throwing crap around in the name of god!

Comment

Working...
                              X