What am I supposed to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I supposed to know

Ok Im 14 years of age. Im saving money to buy an evo VII. And I consider that I know the basics of drifting and car tunning. But I was wondering if any of you guys or girls would tell me some things I should consider and learn about before Im 17 and racing. And of course ... tell me WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW
    Last edited by 4WD-4WD; 10-16-2004, 10:49 AM.

Come on 15 view and no post.
    Last edited by 4WD-4WD; 10-16-2004, 10:50 AM.

Comment

17 views 0 post.

Comment

23 views 0 posts

Comment

give it time dude! its BARELY been 50 minutes since u posted. a lot of those views are probably from people who arent even registered on the forum.

Comment

First, if you live in the US then you need to know that the Evo VII will be a pain in the arse to import.

By the time you get your own car, you should know the basics of driving. You should not push your car until you've been driving for at least a couple months. You should know to always buckle up. You should know how to do minor maintenance.

Comment

You should know you are too young and too broke to be driving an Evo, even at 17

Comment

Just start off with something( car) affordable, c'mon do you really want to risk wrecking a perfectly good EVO.

Comment

Originally posted by spooln7
                  Just start off with something( car) affordable, c'mon do you really want to risk wrecking a perfectly good EVO.
                  What he said, o and also what that other guy said, something about 7's being a pain in the arse to import, get an 8. One last thing and im really trying not to flame you here, but how do you think you already know the fundementals of drifting and tuning a car when you are 14 and im guessing dont have much exp. behind the wheel or under a hood?

Comment

with the money it would cost to insure and import it you could buy a new evo8mr, so sick

Comment

Originally posted by 003
                      What he said, o and also what that other guy said, something about 7's being a pain in the arse to import, get an 8. One last thing and im really trying not to flame you here, but how do you think you already know the fundementals of drifting and tuning a car when you are 14 and im guessing dont have much exp. behind the wheel or under a hood?
                      Um I now 14 is very young ... but I consider that I know about drifting, not a lot but ... still 2 years till the licence. And yeah I know about tunning ... MY LIFE IS ABOUT CARS.

P.S Is there any chanell in any company that has drifting. Because Im tired of seing Initial D 4 series in a row.

P.S What I know about Drifting is not learnd about Initial D

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                        with the money it would cost to insure and import it you could buy a new evo8mr, so sick
                        I Like the Evo8Mr but I love the Evo VII

BTW people is it true that you can purchace an Eco III and IV for about seven grand. If so wich on should I get Evo III, Evo IV or VII.

Evo III??? Maybe its better because its lighter???

Comment

I dont think they would be that cheap, but if they are then go for it. Alot of the aftermarket parts for evos are for all evos, same 4g63 engine. The mr might be different becuasse of different compressor and obviosly the 6 spid and new diff.

Comment

what do you need to know?
                            in my opinion if you want to learn how a car works, the mechanics i.e. engines, how transmissions work, drivetrain all that good stuff.
                            physics?
                            if you REALLY want to drift learn how to oversteer, first. better yet,watch some videos. nissan guy has a great tutorial in here.
                            that's all i gotta say. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 4WD-4WD
                              I Like the Evo8Mr but I love the Evo VII

BTW people is it true that you can purchace an Eco III and IV for about seven grand. If so wich on should I get Evo III, Evo IV or VII.

Evo III??? Maybe its better because its lighter???
                              Maybe you should stop dreaming and buy something available in the states?

Comment

Working...
                              X