speedo broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo broken

hey...so heres my situation..c33 laurel...annnd the speedo doesnt work..does anyone know if swapping the tranny to a 5 speed tranny will fix the prob? 5 speed fresh out of an r32...

but until then, i was wondering...i think ive seen a turbo timer that shows your km/h..anyone know what type this is? what else could i get to temporarily show me the speed of which i am going?

thanks,

rachi

most likely your speedometer cable is just disconnected. That happens alot on old cars. especially toyotas and nissans.

Comment

Well im not sure if you have an sr20det or not, but ill assume you do.

the sr20det tranny does not utilize cable type speedo/ it uses a speed sensor, in most cases you may have to change the speed sensor located at the passenger side on the tranny, i've had a lot of customers come in for the same problem, the gear on the speed sensor is made out of plastic it becomes rounded after a period of time, i guess is what we call wear and tear, how ever it is common for it to go out, i suggest after the change use quality tranny oil, i always recomend mobil synthetic or red line oil.

cceeeetoooo
      PAUL G

Comment

the bad boy's got an rb20det in it...same deal as what you said about the sr20det?

Comment

oh yeah..i may possibly take out the rb20det when i move in the summer and bring it back with me to the states along with tranny...how much would someone pay for that piece?

Comment

Working...
          X