High-horsepower 240SX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-horsepower 240SX?

i want to shoot for 500 to 600 hp for my 95 and newer 240sx, and i was wondering what would i need to reach my estimated amounts and how much would it all cost? Also where could i find all this, preferably from one area or website.

I know this is a drifting site but sense this is the only place that gets a good amount of 240 experts i though that this place was the best place to get the answers i needed.

the cost will be astronomical if you want to make it last longer than a week, and according to your profile you want your first car to have 500-600 hp? suicide on wheels.

Comment

Hmm....

I could tell you but what kinda motor do you have? Is it a KA or SR and its gonna be really expensive

Comment

sounds like it's RB time...

Comment

more than you can afford. plus 500+hp isn't very applicable for a drifter unless you have some really elite skills in which case i dont think you have being you're 16 and this is your first car.
          Last edited by theflatlander; 01-24-2005, 03:28 AM.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I think it a bare-minimum list would be something like this:

SR20DET (I think turboing a KA probably wouldn't be worth the effort)

stand-alone fuel system (which means you either need to pay someone who had a dyno and knows what he's doing to tune it, or risk fudgeup up your engine by doing it yourself)

big-*Censored**Censored**Censored* FMIC (to keep the engine from knocking like crazy due to the intake temperatures at that level of boost)

high-performance cams (to get closer to the needed power level)

upgraded ignition (so you can actually BURN all that fuel)

huge injectors (to supply the fuel you would need to prevent detonation)

seriously upgraded fuel pump (for the same reason)

big, upgraded turbo (duh. a stock turbo can only give you so much boost. You have to choose the turbo by your engine displacement as well as what kind of power you want)

boost controller (electronic or manual, I assume. naturally this lets you controll the boost to get the amount you need, which would be an assload.)

a wastegate that can actually control that much boost (because otherwise, you would have a lot of boost-creep, which could mean engine damage).

blow-off valve (to keep from breaking your expensive turbo)

In order to do it without seriously sacrificing reliability would more than likely require upgraded internals (reinforced head gasket, stronger everything, low-compression pistons), and an upgraded cooling system (oil cooler/s, bigger radiator, etc).

Naturally, high-flow intake (cold-air would be the best) and exhaust would also help, but those mods are basically requisites anyway.

Removing emissions (but then you wouldn't be street legal, although I doubt you would be either way) would also help, too. A downpipe and a high-flow cat would be a good idea, and you can still SAVE THE WHALES.

A stroker kit would give you more torque and power (getting closer to the goal, naturally), so that's another couple grand (only a drop in the bucket for a project like that).

You would also need a serious clutch (for what should be obvious reasons), probably an upgraded axle (to keep from snapping it. I think Skyline axles can be converted for this use), and if the frame would have to be reinforced too (unless you want it to bend like...something really bendy... lol). And with that much power, you had better get some damn good brakes and tires, plus suspension (for fairly obvious reasons).

Polishing the ports and getting the engine balanced (which lets you set the rev limiter higher, so you can get more top-end power) would get you closer to the goal...

(PS, what the hell is blueprinted anyway? I seriously don't know... heheh)

In other words, you can't afford it, and you would kill yourself with a car like that if you could. And you probably couldn't afford the gas bills anyway. Oh, and when you total it, say goodbye to all (well, everything that can be salvaged and sold or re-used) those investments.

Oh, and you don't need that much freaking power for drifting.

Comment

It will be most cost effective to move to an RB motor.

Comment

OH high horsepower, this IS my teritory! i have been building stupid horse power cars for years. Most of these are domestics with an import here and there. 500 horse power is easy for the $$$ but 600 is pretty fu**ing hard. 500 is somewhat controlable if your car can handle it, 600 is stupid. Speed is exponential, remember that. All these guys are right, 16 years old + LOT-OF-POWER = DEAD TEENAGER. i have been running high horse power cars for years;

1475 wheel horse Pro-Street 2004 Mustang

792 wheel horse street 2003 MACH1

1142 wheel horse 2005 Mustang Ford Press vehicle

So unless you are prepared to spend $15,000 on the motor, $3000 on brakes, $3500 on suspension and chassis upgrades, $3500 on a stand alone FMS and fuel system, $3000 on cooling sytem and oil cooler upgrades, $10,000 on transaxle and halfshafts, oh, and then a cool paint job to go with your $40,000 car, stay with a cold air kit and exhaust and have some fun learning the car you have and upgrade slowly. Also, start with all of the OTHER stuff first. build a car that can handle the power before you put it into a situation where it can't, again equalling DEAD TEENAGER

Comment

most importantly, to keep high horsepower engines from blowing up is to build the bottom end. Without stong interals, your engine will not handle it.

Comment

"high horsepower? "-->rocks
                    it seams like over kill for what an average intusiest might use it for. what are you useing it for?

Comment

"'95 and newer 240SX?"

So you don't know the year of your own car?

You want that much horsepower, listen to Parry. However, if you want that much power, you're also a moron and don't know what an RB is.

Comment

I have a sr20, and i achieved 800 hp with just a header, exaust, hks turbo and a tomei stroker kit, of course i have all the fuel and electronics tweeked out and a tune, not bad...

Comment

let me clarify some things first, i dont plan on drifting ive been driving cars for over a year now, but im getting my license in a few weeks, and also dont reply unless you have some usefull information that will help me and not waste my time

Comment

Originally posted by 240drifter
                            let me clarify some things first, i dont plan on drifting ive been driving cars for over a year now, but im getting my license in a few weeks, and also dont reply unless you have some usefull information that will help me and not waste my time
                            LMAO! driving for a year, and he thinks he can handle a 500hp car. LMAO!

Look kid, we've seen this before. Keep driving your 150hp car for another 2+yrs. Just maybe you'll be able to handle a 500hp car. Hell I have a 98hp car and I can out turn an SR with really bad suspension setup Don't think we're making fun of you.. We're just giving our honest advice. You don't need a 500hp car right now.. Just keep driving, especially in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by 240silvia
                              I have a sr20, and i achieved 800 hp with just a header, exaust, hks turbo and a tomei stroker kit, of course i have all the fuel and electronics tweeked out and a tune, not bad...
                              are you a rich low 30's guy or a 12 year old liar

Comment

Working...
                              X