• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best drift coilover

what do you think is the best drift coilover
    -tein HE
    -tanabe sustec dd
    -zeal drift specific coilover (don't remember the name)
    -kei office

i'd prefer people to reply to this who have drited with these coilovers and not people who have just heard.
    tein he
    60.98%
    tanabe dd
    12.20%
    zeal
    2.44%
    kei office
    24.39%

There is no "Best" coilover. It all depends on your feel and how you drive. Including your price range. So the best way to find out what YOUR "best" coilover is to try and drive on each one.

Comment

i used to have tein on my R32 they were great

i have aussie G.A.B on my 180sx they are not so good

Comment

i have teins and they are pretty rockin, havent really tried any others

Comment

sorry. by best i meant best for street and track use.

Comment

If you are looking for somthing for street and track get really nice struts and springs. Driving with coilovers on poor streets jacks them up fast... I have Ohlins, they are the hellified love drift coilovers... mine are blown and I still love them to death. Someday when I have 200000000 dollars I will send them to Japan to get them rebuilt (yes, I know there is an Ohlins USA... they won't rebuild mine... a-holes!).

Comment

i personally like spl coilovers. $1099, cant beat that price, 9/7 spring rate, nice and hefty, very solid construction. great coilovers, better than tein hes from what i hear.

Comment

[i]Someday when I have 200000000 dollars I will send them to Japan to get them rebuilt (yes, I know there is an Ohlins USA... they won't rebuild mine... a-holes!). [/B]

any good suspension shop should be able to repair them for you there is no reason to send then back to japan

Comment

best suspension? how much money you got?

Comment

ooh, tell me more

Originally posted by Wayne
                    i personally like spl coilovers. $1099, cant beat that price, 9/7 spring rate, nice and hefty, very solid construction. great coilovers, better than tein hes from what i hear.

Comment

Actually, when you need replacement parts that no one can get in the US... it is kinda hard to get them rebuilt here. I don't need just a simple refill, I want seals and other crap. I was told that the parts at the US place are different from the ones used in Japan but I don't know for sure. I don't know if I would really trust my precious Ohlins to anyone but an Uber Ohlins suspension place. Ohlins are the MAC DADDY of all that is suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                        I love mine, even if the rear damping is a bit too soft for the spring. (Of course, it's about 40 pounds lighter back there, too)

All the parts are VERY beefy... upper mounts are practically twice as thick as Tein. Bottom mounts are slightly thicker, I think. They're 15-way adjustable, but that's enough; I only use the 12-15 settings anyway. I'm also a big fan of these coilovers because, for the price, it's amazing that they're an inverted strut design. The inverted strut counteracts natural positive cambering under load, thus disallowing large camber change and allowing you to run less negative camber.

The spring rate is 8/6, not 9/7.

Comment

not to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored*, but you cant really gauge which coilover is the best if you havent driven on all of the selections above in all the applications they are made for. I doubt most people have even owned a set of those coilovers and if they have then of course they will choose the one that they have owned as "the best" IMHO, the best coilover is too much of a subjective issue to come to a conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                            I love mine, even if the rear damping is a bit too soft for the spring. (Of course, it's about 40 pounds lighter back there, too)

All the parts are VERY beefy... upper mounts are practically twice as thick as Tein. Bottom mounts are slightly thicker, I think. They're 15-way adjustable, but that's enough; I only use the 12-15 settings anyway. I'm also a big fan of these coilovers because, for the price, it's amazing that they're an inverted strut design. The inverted strut counteracts natural positive cambering under load, thus disallowing large camber change and allowing you to run less negative camber.

The spring rate is 8/6, not 9/7.
                            ya my bad, 8/6. and ya your right, the question is subjective i guess, but i have owned tein hes and spl coils and so far out of those 2, the spls win hands down. besides, you can max out the rear lower

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedByDesign
                              not to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored*, but you cant really gauge which coilover is the best if you havent driven on all of the selections above in all the applications they are made for. I doubt most people have even owned a set of those coilovers and if they have then of course they will choose the one that they have owned as "the best" IMHO, the best coilover is too much of a subjective issue to come to a conclusion.
                              what i'm looking for is your imput on which coilovers you like for instance if you have the tein he and you dont like them let me know or if you have kei office and really like them, thats what i mean. I have about 10,000, but thats for my entire car including purchase price. i'd like to spend around 2000 for my entire suspension. i'm looking to have between 230-250hp.

Comment

Working...
                              X