best drift coilover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne
    i personally like spl coilovers. $1099, cant beat that price, 9/7 spring rate, nice and hefty, very solid construction. great coilovers, better than tein hes from what i hear.
    I hear that spl is just rebadge made in korea parts. I'm not lying if got credible sources. sorry to bust your bubble.
    Last edited by driftex; 12-21-2004, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
      I hear that spl is just crappy rebadge made in korea parts. I'm not lying if got credible sources. sorry to bust your bubble.
      Far too many people are running SPL parts without complaining to make any sense of what you just said. Besides, you do know that the "SPL" coilovers are made by Kind Techno Structure in Japan, right? (KTS' website: www.kts-web.com) Also, there's a striking resemblance in both quality and design between the SPL lower arms and some brand name Japanese parts.

Go ahead and trust your source blindly, but without truly knowing you are simply fooling yourself.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

Comment

my source is alex pfeiffer (look for it i found it on this website). i'm not as sure about the coilovers but i know the rods and arms are rebadged korea stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
          my source is alex pfeiffer (look for it i found it on this website). i'm not as sure about the coilovers but i know the rods and arms are rebadged korea stuff.
          just because he is alex pfeiffer doenst mean he knows all. im not knocking the guy, but spl does get their coilovers made by kts, hence the name spl kts coilovers ya man im sorry, but grid just owned you.

as for their rods and arms, so far they seem to be pretty damn good. maybe we should ask lindsey of pink godzira if his rods and arms are pos korean parts, or many of the other guys who have been beating on thier cars whcih have aftermarket suspension products from spl, hrmm

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            Far too many people are running SPL parts without complaining to make any sense of what you just said. Besides, you do know that the "SPL" coilovers are made by Kind Techno Structure in Japan, right? (KTS' website: www.kts-web.com) Also, there's a striking resemblance in both quality and design between the SPL lower arms and some brand name Japanese parts.

Go ahead and trust your source blindly, but without truly knowing you are simply fooling yourself.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
            owned!

Comment

if you want a good suspension setup for track and street, save yourself the money and get shocks and springs. i recommend the kyb agx and rsr springs. (good combo). dunno why ppl insist on buying coilovers for street use. coilovers are good on TRACK ONLY. its a pain in the @ss driving on street feeling everything on the road and somewhat unpleasant. remember, theres no such thing as a BEST coilover ever made. with products that do the same thing, is a science, science is logic, logic has no preference. enough said. hope this makes sense to anyone out there

Comment

Thanks for you input, Nate. Your post has been classified under "I" for ignorant and "U" for uninformed. Thank you, and have a nice day!

Coilovers are good for dual-duty use. Not only do they allow for ride height adjustment, but they usually feature much better damping adjustability, not to mention that the dampers are valved for the exact springs they come with. Tell me, did KYB test the RS-R Race or RS-R Ti2000 springs when developing the damping characteristics of the AGX? Exactly.

Coilovers allow one to slam the car for track days, then raise it a couple inches for street driving. They also allow for cornerweighting and adjustment of preload.

Don't forget that some people don't need to be coddled and don't care for excessive body roll.

Comment

i cant decide between tein he's or silk road's ram8's. i am leaning towards the he's because with them money i saved i could buy a tanabe rear sway bar. what are your guy's thoughts on that setup. i heard f+r strut tower bars and a rear sway bar is a nice nutral setup.

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                    if you want a good suspension setup for track and street, save yourself the money and get shocks and springs. i recommend the kyb agx and rsr springs. (good combo). dunno why ppl insist on buying coilovers for street use. coilovers are good on TRACK ONLY. its a pain in the @ss driving on street feeling everything on the road and somewhat unpleasant. remember, theres no such thing as a BEST coilover ever made. with products that do the same thing, is a science, science is logic, logic has no preference. enough said. hope this makes sense to anyone out there
                    if you read any of the other posts you would have realized that i meant i was asking for input on which coilovers you guys like best, NOT which coilovers are best. It was just easier to put "best coilover as a title" rather than "which coilovers do you guys like best"

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                      just because he is alex pfeiffer doenst mean he knows all. im not knocking the guy, but spl does get their coilovers made by kts, hence the name spl kts coilovers ya man im sorry, but grid just owned you.

as for their rods and arms, so far they seem to be pretty damn good. maybe we should ask lindsey of pink godzira if his rods and arms are pos korean parts, or many of the other guys who have been beating on thier cars whcih have aftermarket suspension products from spl, hrmm
                      i'd figure that alex pfeiffer would know what he is talking about because he is a pro drifter AND makes suspension parts. i'm not saying you dont know and i'm not trying to rag on your stuff (i'm just saying what i hear, and i wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't from someone that i think knows what he is talking about). by the way how is it that there parts are so inexpensive?
                      Gridtech: i'm not saying they aren't made by KTS, and i'm not saying they are bad, i just question how good they can be for only $1099.
                      Last edited by driftex; 12-21-2004, 06:22 PM.

Comment

he's what Alex Pfeiffer has to say on the subject:
                        "Take a look at the SPL parts and then look for NAMS suspension parts. They are the same low quality parts coming from taiwan/china area. Yes they bolt on, yes they work for the most part.

The majority of americans are cheep, and they buy just that, the cheepest parts they can get. There is a difference in quality and most of all, there is a difference in who you choose to spend your money with. Giving your money to someone in china, or keeping you money in the USA. There is a reason why the US dollar sucks right now."

sorry i was wrong they are made in taiwan/china
                        Last edited by driftex; 12-21-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

buddy club racing are by far the best coilovers on the market

Comment

driftex, I have nothing against Alex, but don't you think the guy wants to sell some suspension parts? I mean, it's hard to not be biased when you're selling the same part for a similar price. Also, notice his appeal for us to keep our dollars in the States... Alex is just trying to sell suspension bits.

I don't care WHERE the suspension parts are made as long as they're good. SPL/Nagisa Auto parts are good parts. How do I know this? Because I've seen them up close and heard dozens of people rave about them! You're just jumping on the "OMG A PRO DRIFT3R, HE MUST BE INFALLIBLE!" bandwagon.

sdtouge- Go with the Tein HEs, they're fine at this point. However, save up further and buy both swaybars at the same time.

Aussiedrifter- Really? Do you have damper dyno charts to prove it? Race results using the same coilovers available to the public? It's all subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                              driftex, I have nothing against Alex, but don't you think the guy wants to sell some suspension parts? I mean, it's hard to not be biased when you're selling the same part for a similar price. Also, notice his appeal for us to keep our dollars in the States... Alex is just trying to sell suspension bits.

I don't care WHERE the suspension parts are made as long as they're good. SPL/Nagisa Auto parts are good parts. How do I know this? Because I've seen them up close and heard dozens of people rave about them! You're just jumping on the "OMG A PRO DRIFT3R, HE MUST BE INFALLIBLE!" bandwagon.
                              you put me on the wrong band wagon. i'm on the "he makes suspension parts so he should know what he is talking about" bandwagon. you have way more expersience with spl parts than i do and i getting kind of sick of this agruing thing so lets put it to a rest. you do have a point about him trying to sell his stuff though
                              Last edited by driftex; 12-22-2004, 05:23 PM.

Comment

[i]
                                Aussiedrifter- Really? Do you have damper dyno charts to prove it? Race results using the same coilovers available to the public? It's all subjective. [/B]

nope.

but what i do have is experince drifting many diffrent cars with diffrent coilovers, and from what i felt i found the buddy club on my current 180sx to be far better than my old tein's.

but at the end of the day when you are ACTUALLY out driffting it does not matter what brand, as long as they work for you

Comment

Working...
                                X