3" exhaust on my 240.... (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" exhaust on my 240.... (help)

I was thinking about putting 3" exhaust on my stock 1997 240sx cept I don't know if it will work for the 240 I forgot what they called it because it was stock like there wasn't gunna be enough air flow or pressure or something but if it is possible where can I get the parts and what are all the parts that I need to put 3" exhaust on my 240

a 3" exhaust on your car will cause in a lack of back pressure. it wont really help you on the low end but at the top end it will give you a little bit more power. the best thing to add to your car to make a 3" exhaust efficient is a turbo.

Comment

that thing you are talking about it back pressure. It supposedly (or maybe its been proven) gives the motor more torque. If you plan on adding a turbo or SR20DET in the near future, just get a new intake and maybe a cheaper or no exaust. Once you get a turbo system or motor, the turbine will deliver plenty of back pressure, so then a 3 incher would be grand.

However if you just wanna keep it NA, stick wit a 2.5 or 2.75 inch exaust

Comment

SO if I did an SR20DET swap it will give enough back pressure to run a 3" exhaust with any problems?

Comment

Both Raemi and Uberspeed should not have posted. Their information is incorrect.

A proper 3" exhaust on the KADE will give gains throughout the rev range, not just up high. An increase of 8-12whp isn't uncommon.

3" is ok for an SR swap.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            Both Raemi and Uberspeed should not have posted. Their information is incorrect.

A proper 3" exhaust on the KADE will give gains throughout the rev range, not just up high. An increase of 8-12whp isn't uncommon.

3" is ok for an SR swap.
            can i see dyno sheets on this?

Comment

Yes, you can.

Post number 14.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...t=exhaust+dyno

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                Yes, you can.

Post number 14.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...t=exhaust+dyno
                thanks but i want a dyno sheet of a 60mm exhaust to compare it to as well (if possible).
                Last edited by raemi; 01-01-2005, 10:49 PM.

Comment

It just so happens I have one of those too.

(Dyno done by S14DB on Zilvia.net)

Comment

Originally posted by raemi
                    a 3" exhaust on your car will cause in a lack of back pressure. it wont really help you on the low end but at the top end it will give you a little bit more power. the best thing to add to your car to make a 3" exhaust efficient is a turbo.
                    what a n00b post.

i love you, tell andy to get my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by raemi
                      I put a 3" on my KA and it had more power all around, I didnt lose any power I could feel but I did feel that it was faster, more than I would expect from just adding an exhaust

Comment

Working...
                      X