No announcement yet.

I love my Sr but now going KA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the amount of SR swaps in the states now... im sure you could easily find one back home

i was going to say... be different n go CA18DET or RB20DET but then i remembered you guys barely have SR parts let alone the above 2 mentioned motors...

suspension is where its at

- adz

Comment

Re: I love my Sr but now going KA...

Originally posted by tiger
      Well i'm over here in Japan, had my 180 for about 2 years now, I love my SR. it's time to go back to the states,
      where in the U.S are you heading back to?

Comment

CA. My home is in TN, i'll be in CA for a littl e bit.

Comment

sr to ka.. hmm I was glad to rid of my ka to go sr.. but if wanting to be different is the case then do it.. but make sure you have money to build the ka to do what you want with it. this is just my opinon... Ka is a great motor no doubt about it.. but when wanting to expand and gain more power of it.. your better off building a sr. plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by pitchd
            the amount of SR swaps in the states now... im sure you could easily find one back home

i was going to say... be different n go CA18DET or RB20DET but then i remembered you guys barely have SR parts let alone the above 2 mentioned motors...

suspension is where its at

- adz
            actually mate theres plenty of sr parts in the states.

Comment

Yea I went to the site.... www.srswap.com
              there are also plenty on the net too. : D I'm so happy I want to stay SR.

Comment

This is funny. Hell these days if you want to be different, build a KA-T. Every swinging *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the land wants or has an SR. The problem now is that the swaps are being done by some less than professional people. So folks are buying cars that have some janky SR swaps in em. Redtop engines coming from Japan now are scraping the bottom of the barrel as well. Plus, everything is 3-infinity days away with an SR and especially CA and RB. Makes more sense to me to go with an engine that you can readily get parts for and that are laying all over the place cause people who do SR swaps just toss em. You can make the same power with a KA for less money and come out with some more torque. Think about it.

Add up the cost of the SR, the swap, then the aftermarket parts to beef it up. Now add up the KA-T. Manifold, turbo, injectors blah blah. You come out cheaper, especially if you know someone who can help you out. SR swaps are all about being JDM, plain and simple.

But if you are doing this for just sound......play around with mufflers.

Comment

Well it's not about being JDM with me. I love the engine, I know everything about it. I've lived in Japan for almost 2 years now. I can see how it would be all about being JDM in the states. To me it's just my baby and I'm not familiar with the KA. I don't know what i'll end up doing. I know that I love the SR though. It's a great motor. I am a girl so I dont have a swinging *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. ; )

Comment

Originally posted by tiger
                    but did it sound good though like a growl sound... really throaty...deep u know?
                    You can listen to my KA with a GP sports exhaust here:

go to www.customcarperformance.com and click on projects and look for drift demo, you can listen to what a KA sounds like with 3" exhaust and test pipe

But not as deep as SR

Comment

i love my ka. and the look i get when i tell people that after they try and convice me to get an sr.. "dude you have a 240 but you dont have sr? what kinda drifter are you?" bwuahaha. seriously it stinks though, 190k and dying... i dont see why sound would matter much though... i could see the power rating side of the story though... im looking into a new engine. prolly a newer ka. easy to find and alot cheaper then sr. ca's looking good too. both seem more cost effective vs the sr. and since most ppl just build up sr's to beat the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of them anyways... not that i dont like sr's, i'd love one, they just seem overrated and overpriced...

haha! my engines bigger then yours!

really though. w/e floats your boat. ka's and sr's both have distintively different sounds

Comment

well, I like to drift every now and then but i wouldn't call myself a drifter. I love the SR motor because I am so familiar with it. I want to keep it nice and running forever. I dont want to beat the crap out of my motor. Yeah, sound does matter....I get chills when I hear those toyota chasers tearing it up... they sound so mean!

Comment

Working...
                        X