No announcement yet.

sr20det legality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good reason why i switched from s14 to rotary, you dont have to deal with the BS. sooner or later, they gonna crack down on these swaps. wtih my car, you dont need to worry about. i took a easier route you could say. i wanna ask you silvia guys out there, is it really worth the trouble to do the sr20det swap and risk being caught? i mean, its only a motor, the KA24de isnt a bad motor to work with. tein s14 is ka turbocharged and packs quite a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by frictionfighter
      how the hell do you forget the answer, umm yes or no, crap i forgot.
      and skylines are legal to drive on the street through motorex because they fix em to meet dot standards.
      hmm... thats what i said... they brought 3 skylines for DOT to crash test, therefore giving them approval to import the skylines. obviously that is if they passed the crash test, which they did.

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
        Another good reason why i switched from s14 to rotary, you dont have to deal with the BS. sooner or later, they gonna crack down on these swaps. wtih my car, you dont need to worry about. i took a easier route you could say. i wanna ask you silvia guys out there, is it really worth the trouble to do the sr20det swap and risk being caught? i mean, its only a motor, the KA24de isnt a bad motor to work with. tein s14 is ka turbocharged and packs quite a punch.

Usually cheaper to swap it since it has way more potential than a KA.

Comment

See what happens when I try to at least come up with a resonable response. I wasn't trying to flame or anything, I was just stating a fact. If you yourself said you were going to go around and ask more people than your just wasting bandwith and time. You know the response to the question, now stop asking it.

PS- Thanks to the guys that defended me, but that's just a prime example of a person with just way to much time on his/her hands.
          Last edited by NismoSigma; 01-21-2005, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C2 Powerhaus
            hmm... thats what i said... they brought 3 skylines for DOT to crash test, therefore giving them approval to import the skylines. obviously that is if they passed the crash test, which they did.
            oh sorry i know you said that but the way you said it, kinda made it seem like they only fixed the first three to meet dot standards and the rest were left untouched. just wanted to make sure people didnt think that the skylines motorex sells arent fixed to meet dot.

Comment

Working...
            X