AE86 3 Rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 3 Rotor

Greetings! I was a RX7 owner. I was thinking about transplanting a 20b on a 85 RX7 (1st gen). I also own an SR5, i want to put my 3 rotor into it. I have seen a video of a AE86 blasting thru a highway. I cannot find anywhere the details of that conversion. Anyone out there done it? Or knows any links with some info on the actual conversion?

Thanks!

sorry i don't have any info to help you on your swap. However i do a vid of a 20b in a ae86. I'll try to find the old post, if not can anyone host?

Comment

the movie is at ....
      http://www.nightracer.com/3rotorae86.asx

you got me thinking about it now, i'll try to search some more
      hope that helps, or just amuse

Comment

***DROOL!!!!***

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE! Lol, im actually thinking of getting a crx and putting a rotory motor into it.

Comment

You gonna drift that CRX?

B-Wurm

Comment

The only thing missing from that video is "Bohemian Rhapsody" blasting in the background.

I always get a chuckle out of that video, watching 3 buddies yell, scream, and laugh their asses of in a tiny little car.

Comment

its gonna take a custom subframe, plus a lot of other fabbin for this conversion(tranny mounts, custom drivetrain ,chassis reinforcement, etc).Hope you're rich.

Comment

Who knows Which Voption this iz?

My quad-rotor86 will be done shortly. I'm gonna pull up to a cop. And then smoke em in every gear

Comment

If i really wanted to i can make the crx rear wheel drive and mid mounted. plenty of room in the hatch and uber weight distribution. And yes, i do have the money to do this.

Comment

^-- Go nuts and let us see

Id gladly take an aw11, but hey anyone into racing should never argue the "practicality" of automotives without a brisk back hand to the face

Comment

Turbo Upgrade:

I recently bought a RX-7 91 model non-turbo. I have been searching the web for turbo upgrades for a non-turbo RX-7. Is there anyone who can give me some info on this?

Thanks,

Comment

its gonna take a custom subframe, plus a lot of other fabbin for this conversion(tranny mounts, custom drivetrain ,chassis reinforcement, etc).Hope you're rich

Not rich, but i have a friend that does fabrication. Excellent work.Sometimes its not how fat your wallet is , but how long you can strech your cash, knowing the right people helps. I figured its going to take a lot of work. I saw the Best Motoring , Battle a 10,000 RPM,s. The gent from Hot Staff transplanted a S2000 engine with 6 speed tranny and all. I am just hopping that i dont have to cut too much on the tranny tunnel. Definetly a custom drive shaft with the small list of things you mentioned. He listed the price for all that work at 4.4 million yen. That is a lot.

Comment

4.4 million yen..... isnt that like 4000 dollers?

Comment

TeamSLIPdrifter 4.4 million yen..... isnt that like 4000 dollers?

no 1,000,000 yen equals about 9700 dollars

so 4.4 mill yen equals around 42680 dollars!!

Comment

Yes sir. But if you watch the video, the vehicle was very impresive. By the way, that price quoted does NOT include tires and rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X