No announcement yet.

turbocharging a na fc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Dave's been working on the kit for almost 2 years now.

Comment

o, so i guess its not coming out for a while then huh

Comment

when you turbocharge any car, you make a lot of heat, increase the compression and make more power, (more stress on the internals) therefore it is impossible not to decrease the life of the engine some what.

Comment

i know its gonna decrease the engine life, but i still wanna turbocharge it. does dave have a email so i can reach him and ask him about it?

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
            ^ Dave's been working on the kit for almost 2 years now.
            Yeah I tried the setup on 2 different cars, and both of them didn't fare well. I won't release one that isn't going to be reliable, and neither of the first 2 were reliable and infact blew up. Basically what my next plans are, is to try a different fuel enrichment setup, and keep the boost at 5psi and see what happens. i just have to finish up some of our SEMA car building and I will be back into it again. It takes a long time when you are doing the R&D alone

Comment

need some help? I would gladly donate my time to help out the testing of turbocharging an N/A RX7 ...i wouldnt mind using my car/motor as a test dummy,i was thinking about making a turbo kit too,just need to know the basics. thanks -Rich

Comment

Working...
              X