can't take key out when turbo timer is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't take key out when turbo timer is on

I recently bought a GReddy Fullb Auto turbo timer.
    the unit works so when u goto turn the engine off it kicks in but as u go to take the key out it won't let u, pressing the key release button dose nothing. The car in question is a 92 nissan silvia S13 full import from japan to australia.

When i went to install the unit suprisingly there was already a plug n play adapter fitted. Now the handbrake (ebrake) sensor is fitted, and the instructions say that there is a grey wire that comes off the turbo timer which connects to a 'shift lock unit' which is for japan only. Now seeing my car is a full import do i have to connect this shift lock unit in order to get the key out? If so where is it located?

And just to add, coming off the plug n play adapter is a grey wire do i have to connect this wire to the 'shift lock unit' sensor on the turbo timer?

Im guessing yes, if the directions say so...do it.

Comment

i had that on my sil80. there is a wire that stops the key coming out. its connected to the igination. i cant remeber which wire it was as it was a long time ago sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by Bio-Hazard
        i had that on my sil80. there is a wire that stops the key coming out. its connected to the igination. i cant remeber which wire it was as it was a long time ago sorry about that
        well atlest i kno im looking for a wire thanks for that.

wat i have noticed is that just above the key release button, there is a little red button and that when it stays out you can't take the key out. Hard to get to because it's kinda covered by the steering colum casing.

Comment

Working...
        X