No announcement yet.

Turbo kits worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You watch option videos u tons of guys with FMIC hanging out and no bumper. Works fine

Comment

fuk yea no bumper = max air flow

Comment

Chas, WeaponX....

How is an SR20 more reliable than a KA-T? PhatKA-T.com just put down 502 rwhp on a KA with just pistons, AEM EMS, mid-sized FMIC and GT35E. The stock rods will handle over 500rwhp and the pistons will probably only see 350-400ish. But with a machined crank, arp bolts, rods/pistons the motor is bullet proof, makes more tourqe, more hp, builds boost faster and at lower RPMs than it's SR counterpart.

I know an SR will put down 400+ on stock internals but after that its pretty much in the same ball park as the KA--on the verge of becoming a suicide bomber.

Nicoclub.com's KA-T section, phatka-t.com, ka-t.org all have information on the KA turbo I personally think its a more economical solution for big hp numbers in a 240. Cost alone is one of the major advantages of the KA over the SR. We could go on with things from building boost to it's V8-like power band.

You could get into a 4-500rwhp, insanely fast spooling KA-T for the price of a 300rwhp SR20DET. I've not heard of anyone blowing up a built KA-T and some of these guys are putting down 580 to the ground and running 150hp shots of N2O

Comment

S14 Kid if you've got that much money to spend such as you've advertised in your sig... You need to give Sound Performance a call and ask for Ivan 630.893.5002.. He's the guy with the 500whp KA-T car.

I think you should talk people who've actually built KA-T's and 1900hp Supras before you go splurging on parts.
          http://www.phatka-t.com/s13s14.htm
          http://www.sound-performance.com

Comment

I agree. You should talk to the people witht he turbo kits. If you hit up our team forum at www.land-ho.net you can send a message to my teammate Terry ("Akuma S14") and ask him what he thinks of his NSport kit. He drifts the hell out of it and still can't wipe the grin off his face.

Comment

Working...
            X