No announcement yet.

Need advice on tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could put Falkens on a Big Wheel and they would smoke "big" plus they have amazing traction capabilities with out ever delaminating. Ask anyone that runs them. I know that they are more expensive than some but I've always lived by the rule "you get what you pay for". Beside the fact that half of Formula D runs them and all the drivers think there amazing! Your call.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR
      If someone has good speed, smoke is usually a very easy visual clue, to indicate angle and commitment to the line.

If you see two identical cars on identical lines, with identical speed, one car is making smoke and the other isn't then the driver of the car not making smoke is not fully on the throttle.

The tires are only going to smoke if you have a big differential between the tirespeed on it's plane of travel in relation to the vehicle speed on it's plane of travel. While power is a big help with this, you can make smoke with a stock powered miata, or AE86.

Usually you'll make smoke if you hold the throttle down and carry a big angle. In lower powered cars you need momentum along with that.

The Coopers while not the easiest tires to smoke, can smoke just fine. You have to just drive them a little different.

teh coopers are a silica based tire, and they do not smoke. go do some donuts on 2xs, and you will see a black powder, this is part of how the tires dissipate heat (and why they do it sooooo well), unlike some tires that just smoke like crazy.

Comment

Then why do I have video of you, me, Gary Lang and Derrick making smoke on Coopers a couple of months ago at Irwindale?

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
          You could put Falkens on a Big Wheel and they would smoke "big" plus they have amazing traction capabilities with out ever delaminating. Ask anyone that runs them. I know that they are more expensive than some but I've always lived by the rule "you get what you pay for". Beside the fact that half of Formula D runs them and all the drivers think there amazing! Your call.

I've had azenis and ziex delaminate. Though the grip is better than the Coopers, they are effected by the heat alot more.

Comment

Working...
          X