No announcement yet.

FB rx-7's for drifting? Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling members who've been here alot longer than you stooges will not get you very far, learn some manners before you post or you'll get Stallowned.

Comment

thanx for the flamage!

Comment

to nissan drift_:

Re: "Look at your chassis code

why do people think their "FB". its an SA22C dammit."

Hmm, lessee, my vin says, " J-M-1-F-B-3-3-..." Hmm, you better check the facts. I believe that all American RX-7s from '80 to '85 had chassis codes that started out that way. So our topic starter really does have an "FB" not an "SA". Come to think of it, the "33" after that is (i'm GUESSING here) attributed to the fact that it's a series 3 car (mine as well as his). I recall most times I saw the "SA" it had a "22" next to it, etc. But whatever.

And to RX7_Drifter:
        I'd search the rx7club.com forum for info on the limited slip differential for your car. If you've got a GSL-SE or a GSL, you should already have it. While it's easiest to break the tires loose without it, I've read in the second-gen forum there that the clutch-type LSD is actually beneficial to drifting, more so than the later-used "viscous-type" (aka "magic-goo") system. Why am I mentioning all that? Our older cars utilized the first type. So check it out.

Oh, and keep the car. Learn on it. They're great cars. And when (if) your skills outgrow the car, then you can have fun making the BIG jump to a Turbo II. Have fun out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RX7_Drifter
          thanx for the flamage!
          who flamed u? if ur calling weapon x a flamer...YOURE WRONG...he was just trying to say dont call people a stooge for practically no reason at all...thats only if u were calling weapon x a flamer

Comment

A great place to read up on first gens is Grassroots motorsports. There are always articles in the on them. I have owned numerous ones and they are great cars. They tear up classes in the scca. Motors are cheap and readily available as are aftermarket parts. Ebay has stuff for them all the time.

I don't understand why someone would buy a car just to learn how to drift in it. What happens if you dont like drifting and then you spent all this money on a car for it? Keep that first gen. It's a great all around car. Plus its old school and that is making a comeback.

Comment

You'd think that this board is nothing but a bunch of PMSing women...

-MR

Comment

thank you to everyone who gave me advice, and stayed on topic! and for the others-

Comment

you want suggestions? TAKE THAT OFF
                  you freakin immature disrespectful..i dont even know what to call you. thats seriously the stupid, lamest, most disrespective thing ive ever seen. you are FAR more retarded than that. excuse me for being overly sensitive on this issue, but thats just, i cant stand it. honestly, you made me sick there. dude.

if you're gonna come on here and ask for questions, try being humble. you will get much more help and respect. as for something like that, forget respect. forget anythin.

im the one who tried several times to post about all this trash and stuff and tried to establish some peace and a lot less flames on the board..but okay, yeah, im being a hypocrit right now. oh well, i have a right to be. just seriously, think twice next time before you post something like that you dumb jerk.
                  Last edited by Senshi Tenshi; 02-06-2004, 02:14 AM.

Comment

the running kid? thats just stupid man, not only are you ARGUEING by putting it there, but its stupid, gee who can post the most overused forum picture in the world. Thats as about creative as responding to a legitament question "search".

not tomention its offensive and just plain immature..

Comment

yeah, sorry bout being so heated up there. im one of the most laid back and dont care types..but stuff like mentally disabled or handicapped kids..i feel so bad for them..and any type of insult or disrespect to them i just cant take. have some compassion, wont you? actually, its not just compassion. have some common SENSE and dignity ..and how about a brain along with that? geez. thats not something to joke about.

Comment

Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
                        you freakin immature disrespectful..i dont even know what to call you. thats seriously the stupid, lamest, most disrespective thing ive ever seen. you are FAR more retarded than that. excuse me for being overly sensitive on this issue, but thats just, i cant stand it. honestly, you made me sick there. dude.

if you're gonna come on here and ask for questions, try being humble. you will get much more help and respect. as for something like that, forget respect. forget anythin.

im the one who tried several times to post about all this trash and stuff and tried to establish some peace and a lot less flames on the board..but okay, yeah, im being a hypocrit right now. oh well, i have a right to be. just seriously, think twice next time before you post something like that you dumb jerk.
                        exactizzly

Comment

Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
                          I feel just the same.

And one thing that I hate in that picture is that there is name for "special olympics", it's called paralympics! And there isn't anything wrong with people competing in paralympics. For example my father in law was leader of Finnish paralympics team in Sydney 2002. And his in wheelchair because of his illness in his childhood (has been in chair since he was 6 years old), but he has great job in the biggest bank of scandinavia. So they are just normal people like anyone of us!

Hope to see someday someone in wheelchair drifting like no other!

-Jore

Comment

there should be lots of parts for you cars suspention cuz it's popular in grass roots motor sports.

Comment

sorry

well im sorry for affending anybody? next time il take that to mind before i post. Never thought it would hurt somebody. Sorry again!

Comment

Re: sorry

Originally posted by RX7_Drifter
                                well im sorry for affending anybody? next time il take that to mind before i post. Never thought it would hurt somebody. Sorry again!
                                you have had a few post that were offending to people on the forum. Not that I havnt as well but, please keep it topic related, and somewhat moraly accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X