No announcement yet.

TII swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will the 84-85 13b na injectors work on a 86 13b na? i would rather have 680cc then the 460cc i have. why did they go lower?

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
      i've seen some expensive management systems. what size injectors should i get? so far i have the walbro 255 pump, some ignition wires (magnacore?) and a HKS intake. i think i will go with the apex safc, maybe a racing beat header, and cork sport exhaust. i wanna get nology ignition wires because they are grounded instead of my magnacore. eventually an aluminum fly wheel and organic clutch once i get my new tranny. that will probably put me at about 180-190hp
      thats the way, appreciate what you have~! learn your basics. you may not know this but IMO(in my opinion) i drive in the mountains, and NA rx7s are great cars. they ARE FASTER than turbo 2s on the mountain. i know several guys who are faster than me and hull *Censored**Censored**Censored* with thier NAs and they are only at 185 to 200hp at the crank. when it comes to NA, the linear power band is a lot greater, traction is better and superb throttle response is all an advantageous factor. as for your injector sizes, i would use 680cc injectors for the primaries and 720cc for the secondaries. the stock NAs have 460cc if i am correct.
      Last edited by nasty nate 7; 12-26-2005, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Here is what you should do. Sell your NA and find a Turbo II. Its easier to start with a Turbo II even if you find one with a blown engine.

You could always put an SR20DET in it if you dont want a V8....

Comment

ya the 86 NA came with the 460cc. the trick thing tho, the 84-85 came with 680cc. it's hard finding injectors for the older rx7's tho. anyone kno of a site that sells aftermarket injectors or maybe even new stock injectors? i was gonna buy some used ones off of ebay but i dont want them to crap out on me. i'd be better off gettin some new ones and have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
            will the 84-85 13b na injectors work on a 86 13b na? i would rather have 680cc then the 460cc i have. why did they go lower?
            the reason for this dude, is the 84 and 85 1st gen only use 2 injectors whereas the 2nd gen housed 4 injectors. and yes you can switch to 680cc. that would be a nice affordable upgrade for your NA they flow about the same as the greddy 720s so itd be a smart buy. they go for about 100 a pair. id say just use stock t2 550s for your primaries and stock 680s for your secondaries.
            Last edited by nasty nate 7; 12-27-2005, 12:27 AM.

Comment

im gonna go 550cc primary, 720cc secondary, then get a fuel pressure regulator. looking at about 230hp @ the fly. i might switch out the walbro for a RP competition fuel pump. my 7 been running kinda rich ever since i installed the walbro. i need to get a SAFC soon
              Last edited by TokyoDrifterxo7; 12-27-2005, 03:55 AM.

Comment

hey man. if your still looking to do the tii swap. my homie migule owns a shop in socal. hes already done one na to tii swap and worked on numerous rx-7 including ryan hamptoms d1/fd fc. his website is www.rmjmotorsports.com check him out.

Comment

for a piggyback safc is great! but if you want something more later get the greddy emanage, iv heard nothing but great things about its tuning capabilities. with the emanage you can also change it to map sensored which is better for tuning and will help you find more power also. im glad you are going n/a!

Comment

why not track down a front clip and swap everything over? YOu'd just be a driveshaft and rear end short of a T2.

Comment

Luke you and your buddies aren't that bright, guys that like RX-7's should not put a domestic into an rx-7. Even your ls1 7 is pretty *Censored**Censored**Censored*! i mean seriously the 7's come so balanced that your an idiot for dropping a v8 into it. yeah their cheaper and make more power for less. but would anyone on this board buy a REAL silvia and then pull the sr20 and drop in a v8? doubtful!.

And tokyo dont trip off of not having the power figures you want even in n/a form a properly set up RX-7 is all you need to get the job done. I've owned 3 fc's over the last 6 years and I get sideways and stay there just fine. in drifting hp and torque only count for about 20% of what you need , skill and chassis/suspension tuning make up the other 80%.

and besides that i've driven v8 fc's and fd's and the push alot without the PROPER tuning and that isn't gonna be cheap to add to a swap list, Also it takes the joy out of driving the car. I mean seriously if you wanted v-8 power why buy a 7 in the first place?

Just my 2 cents on the subject so all you flamers keep your mouths shut unless you can make a valid and relavent comment.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by teamINERTIA
                        Luke you and your buddies aren't that bright, guys that like RX-7's should not put a domestic into an rx-7. Even your ls1 7 is pretty *Censored**Censored**Censored*! i mean seriously the 7's come so balanced that your an idiot for dropping a v8 into it. yeah their cheaper and make more power for less. but would anyone on this board buy a REAL silvia and then pull the sr20 and drop in a v8? doubtful!.

And tokyo dont trip off of not having the power figures you want even in n/a form a properly set up RX-7 is all you need to get the job done. I've owned 3 fc's over the last 6 years and I get sideways and stay there just fine. in drifting hp and torque only count for about 20% of what you need , skill and chassis/suspension tuning make up the other 80%.

and besides that i've driven v8 fc's and fd's and the push alot without the PROPER tuning and that isn't gonna be cheap to add to a swap list, Also it takes the joy out of driving the car. I mean seriously if you wanted v-8 power why buy a 7 in the first place?

Just my 2 cents on the subject so all you flamers keep your mouths shut unless you can make a valid and relavent comment.

Matt
                        i strongly agree on this one, theres a video clip on teamfc3s.org showing a 12a turbo charged kicking the crap out of a ls1 v8 on the track, both are RACE CARS. that should give you some evidence that the ls1 is not as superior as what ppl think.

Comment

Originally posted by s13daver
                          you can turbo your n/a if you put t2 rotors and housings in it.. turboing a stock n/a will raise the compression to high and your motor will blow sky high.
                          This coming from someone with no experience on tuning a rotary. Boosting an n/a 13b won't blow up unless you're a total *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* and don't tune it for boost. This includes fuel curves and timing split. If you're looking for around 280whp you can use a stock TII turbo with a heavily ported wastegate. Up the injectors,fuel pump and FPR. For tuning a piggy back setup will work just fine. With a setup like this you'll acheive that power level at aprox. 10psi and on pump gas.

Comment

Thanks for agreeing, i mean seriously luke and the shocker boys arent that bad and they do do pretty good at altamont, all i'm saying is that an ls1 in a 7 is not the answer to ALL your problems it just opens up another can of worms to deal with so luke dont take any offense because i wasn't trying to flame you or your team. I was just saying the truth...

There is no such thing as being superior, just more experienced. even the smallest of things can have the biggest of impacts.

Comment

Working...
                            X