Weird KA Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird KA Story

This is somthing that ive never heard of happening... anywhere.. to anyone. But it happend to me. Ok so im in my favorite parking lot at about 11 pm on a sunday... Slidding happily along in second. And then outa nowhere my motor starts to stumble.... So i hit the brakes and cut the motor and roll to a stop. ( A quick once over under the hood reveals nothing) Since
    this is about 4 blocks from my house, i call my buddy and tow my car back to the house. SO we start trouble shooting..

All plug wires from distributor are firing, so we check the wire to spark plug... Hmm i pull number 4 and problem doesnt get any worse... So i start thinking maybe fuel.. check the injectors... All firing . Well i break out the compression tester and ... whadya know number four has like 30 psi.

After a couple more hours of.. well it could be this or that.. i decide to call it quits and work on it tommorow.

Next day.. im thinking burnt valves or somthing along that line. SO i

pull the head off. And This is what i find

What your looking at is the MAF screen that got sucked through the intake , through the Throttle body and into the head.

A little better shot

With a little help, i got the screen out and luckily there was no damage. A little extra work but better than having to rebuild my valvetrain.

Anyone else ever have this problem? Just seemed like a freak accident to me.

Comment

you have now entered the twilght zone........

Comment

dude im in new orleans we need to get sideways

Comment

Yeah man im in Opelousas. You ever come down this way?

Comment

sometimes, usually to party tho

Comment

thats some crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*..

Comment

Yeah a buddy of mine just bought a white 95 S14 from N.o. for a $1000
                (flood damage) Its sitting in my driveway. I got his old car, a free 92 S13 hatch Build the block to put in my 97 Woot!

Comment

Well after a lot of frustration, and work

here we are.

Gotta admit it looks great now. Fresh motor and clean engine bay.

Comment

wut kinda crank pulley is that. looks nice.

Comment

Unorthodox Racing - A helluva lot lighter than stock.

Comment

bleh needs a turbo, a few friends of mine are talking about a nissan rear drive meet somewhere around laffayette in the not to distant future. apparently there are more rear drive enthusiast's around there

Comment

Yes it does need turbo... im working on that... but in the meantime id just be happy if it started (having fuel problems)

Comment

Working...
                          X