Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood
    replied
    most of my clientel probably has no clue what rice means. then again most do not drive japanese cars

Leave a comment:

• hatebbobbarker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
    and not riceriffic enough for your clientel.
    can i agree with you for calling him a ricer AND him for calling you a redneck

Leave a comment:

• Mike Peters
    replied
    Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    thats probably a little to red neck for him, lol
    and not riceriffic enough for your clientel.

Leave a comment:

• soultron
    replied
    Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    This thread has too much hate....
    I hate you with the fury of 100 blown SRs.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    This thread has too much hate....

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood
    replied
    thats probably a little to red neck for him, lol

Leave a comment:

• hatebbobbarker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
    Nobody cares, come back when he does something cool like put a ls1 in it.

omg eww, no

Leave a comment:

• Mike Peters
    replied
    Nobody cares, come back when he does something cool like put a ls1 in it.

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood
    replied
    well the customer decided not to do the SR swap, instead he is going with the VQ. motor has to remain stock, as does the ECU.

Leave a comment:

• rotaryhog
    replied
    Damn. Well after reading through this threadI must agree with much of what was put in the last post by Mike peters. Whoever you are.
    The Sr is not a wise choice on anmy level, especially if you plan on using the car for club racing.
    It would be a much better choice as far as performance reults and money spent to just lighten up the Vq. Flywheel, clutch, all the suspension if not already done. And plug in a power FC and work the heads for better flow.
    I can only imagine how slow that Sr would be trying to pull out of a turn on a track, my miata would probably rip it up.

I think the customer needs to go into the shop, sit down with their check book, and plan this out a bit better to budget and future expenses.

Leave a comment:

• aaronlosey
    replied

that little emoticon is awesome lol.

and as for the swap weight, the with the ac stripped off ready for racing just like the sr will probably weight in about 140 pounds more total, with about 50 pounds or more of that in the tranny. the trannies are substantially heavier and more durable for the vq. so the vq would probably weight in about 90-100 pounds more than the sr20. if you wanted to take the 5k for the sr20 swap, i'm pretty sure you could wack off that 100 pounds pretty easily.

i'm not ragging on hollywood at all, but i feel compelled just like mikespeed, to make sure people don't just take the ricer bandwagon and think certain things are correct.

chris's car is way cool with his sr20 swap, but only because of the time period when it came out. now, he is going in the absolute opposite direction with his new car, and NA v8. i wonder why he chose that lol. maybe it was from having to drive a sr20 in tandem rounds and he got frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• NismoSigma
    replied
    So much negativity in this thread. Apparently the guy who wants the swap wants to stand out, some of the reasons why he is doing it also make alot of sense. Hes going road racing in a stripped out 350Z, if he wants the car as light weight as possible and having 2 less cylinders and lot less mass to worry about is good. At least from my point of thinking the SR20 should me lighter than the VQ35. If the guys has the money to build up the hp to a suitable level were its competitive but also still retain a lightweight engine setup than it seems like a good setup. Althought it might not be reasonable or "right" to some people.

Ps- Found out the SR20DET weight with a trans and its 490lbs, I couldnt get the VQ35DE weight so if someone could find it that would be cool!
    Last edited by NismoSigma; 01-06-2007, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood
    replied
    yeah a spec class would be prety much stock 350Zs, that would be great wouldn't have to worry about switching motors. I am not trying to convince anyone that a 4 cylinder is better then a 6 cylinder.

I do have an Rx7 race car and it is a turbo, its prety far from stock, Gotham Racing built the motor for me, its got a haltech ecu, full cage, coilovers, and plenty of other mods. its a great car, fast, but I only ran one race in it in the last year. and before that the last time I drove it was at drift off in houston.

most of the other races I did last year were in spec miatas one of my porsches. as far as drifting though I have just been using my AE86

Leave a comment:

• cfrost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mike Peters
    replied
    but spec 350z wouldnt allow sr swaps oh teh noes
    btw dont you drive a stock turbo II rx7 mr. " i prefere NA" (btw, your also trying to convince everyone here how a boosted 4 cylinder pwns a NA 6 cylinder)
    Last edited by Mike Peters; 01-05-2007, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X