180sx brake caliper fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180sx brake caliper fit?

First off, is the jdm 180sx and s13 calipers that same? If so then how is the fitment on a s13 240sx, do you need the jdm rotors as well? Thanks!

yes its the same, No you dont need the rotor just bolt on and go.

Comment

can i use the abs version of the s13 silvia calipers on my non abs 240sx? (90)

Comment

yes you can use the abs calipers on a non abs equipped car, all calipers are non abs, abs is a selonoid inline with the brakeline that creates the abs effect. so yes they will work fine.

Hope that helps you out.

Matt

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info man, and happy new year, time to buy those calipers...
          oh one more question, i have brake pads for 180sx/s13 calipers that say they are for non-abs, what happens if i put them in the abs units even if abs isnt active (because my car isnt equiped with it)?

Comment

as long as they fit they should work fine, like i said abs just pulses the brake fluid in the lines, there isn't really an abs caliper or non abs caliper, a caliper is just a caliper So the brake pads should work perfect.

Have a good new years man,

Matt

Comment

thanks a lot, gonna git'r done now

Comment

no prob bro

Comment

you sure the stock s13 240sx rotors will work fine with the s13 sil calipers b/c I have heard that the stock rotors arent big enough or something, dont know if this is true or not...

Comment

the front s13 jdm rotors and calipers are bigger then usdm fronts but the rears are the same
                    Last edited by teamINERTIA; 01-02-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I know, but do the 180/sil calipers work fine with 240sx rotors (front)?

Comment

Nope, this whole time i thought you were talking about rear calipers, the fronts you need the rotors also

Comment

lol whoops, but do all that other stuff you said apply to the fronts also? Or will i be needing to look for more parts...

Comment

everything else apply's still there is no such thing as an abs or non abs caliper, the calipers will just bolt on, but since it is the front you WILL need the rotors.

Here is a little brake info in general for the s13 brake swaps you don'
                            t really need jdm calipers to have a 100% jdm equal swap.

For the owners of S13s ('89-'94) You can upgrade your stock front brakes to JDM 180SX spec using USDM parts. This upgrades main benefit is the additional mass to the rotor for heat dissipation. The caliper pistons are not so large as to impact braking bias more than a trivial amount. The following will be needed for this swap:

stock non abs s13 brakes VS 180sx style brakes('93-'97) 1st generation Nissan altima rotors. These are 280x22mm and have a 4x114 bolt pattern.

('89-'99) 3rd and 4th generation Nissan Maxima brake calipers

('89-'99) 3rd and 4th generation Nissan Maxima brake caliper mounting brackets

('89-'99) 3rd and 4th generation Nissan Maxima brake caliper mounting bracket hardware kit

('89-'99) 3rd and 4th generation Nissan Maxima brake pads

These parts all directly bolt onto the s13 with no major modifications needed. This swap retains near stock

stock non abs s13 brakes VS 180sx style brakesBefore and after pictures of swap done on '90 240sx without abs:

Concerns worth noting:

-The brake swap will not fit anything smaller than a 15" alloy wheel. This will not clear a stamped steel wheel and drags on the caliper paralell surface.

- The stock rotor dust shield no longer clears the larger brake rotor. Modifications or removal to this are necessary for fitment. 2" deep slices with shears spaced 1.5" apart should be sufficient to allow the outside edge to be bent flat.

-The pad hangs over the edge from this setup by approximately 5mm. Although it is visually striking, it does not negatively impact braking performance or cause any reliability issues.

YOU CAN USE 2000-2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 11 inch rotors instead of altima rotors and there is no gap, they work perfect and are the same size as 180sx rotors exactly.

Comment

thanks I saw that on the 240sx wiki, but do I really need brackets, or will the calipers just bolt up?
                              Oh also, are the 93-97 altima rotors different then the 00-03 sentra ones because I just bought altima ones and i dont want there to be any issues...

Comment

Working...
                              X