Bumper Vent Cut Outs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Vent Cut Outs.

Here is what i did to my 1989 RX-7 FC3S GTUs.
    I cut out the front bumper in the center to allow more air to enter the center section behind the bumper.This is where the stock air pick up tube is on a 2nd generation RX-7.I used to have a Akimoto air filter on it but decided to go with a stock K & N drop in.
    I did notice a difference and believe colder air is fed to the intake .This mod and might actualy lower intake pressure..
    You can also do this to any Bumper on any car.Want to allow more air to enter the front.can help cool your radiator better ..Also this does reduce some weight!!lol
    Also later on another post i will have pics of my front bumper supports taken off and a vent cut into the TURBO II bumper.I'll probably do it for my FMIC..so it will be larger than the one pictured here..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-13-2004, 04:36 AM.

most fc's owners cut in the bumper trim area to get more air to the radiator. the air intake pick up is above that right below the hood opening. not to mention if your gonna do something like what you did you chould at least make the cut straight and not crooked.

Comment

Comment

Yea, they do that on 240 front ends all the time, unfortunately for you, it looks cool on 240s, yours is kinda wierd lookin. Sorry man.

Comment

lol thanks =)

ok better pic
          Yea might look a little crooked but it's not,
          Its just the angle and the lighting of the pic..
          People who seen my bumper in person love it..
          Also cutting your front bumper does help get more air to the radiator or colder air to your intake.or both..
          Also
          I didnt wanna remove my bumper supports behind the front bumper.If i wanted to cut the moldings i would have but i wanted something diffrent.Also not to remove my bumper supports.So go and check your stock intake and go look at the section behind the bumper where i cut.Don't tell me The stock air pick up tube dosen't get colder air.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-13-2004, 05:40 PM.

Comment

yah

jeez you guys quit knockin on the bumper cuts!

it looks great and works well too...

Comment

I like it man. I think it looks good.

Comment

i think it looks bad a$$!

Comment

Anybody else cut their bumpers for more cooling
                  SHOW ME!!

Comment

My bumper already has two big grills built in

Comment

DIY rocks...and it looks fine in real life..
                      beides the best way to get cold intake temps on an FC is run a drop vent on the head light cover...

Comment

I did one on an s4 bumper
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like how you set the intercooler behind the bumper for the pic. And junpower, sweet car. That has to be the cleanest black FC ive ever seen. Nice vent, very professional looking.

And sorry Im so late to the thread.

Comment

I noticed that the lenses between the headlight covers and the turn signals in front disappeared, and have seen this done on other cars. Do these lenses have a purpose, or are they just stuck in there. On my FC, they dont light up, or move, or dance, or make me food... they dont seem to do anything cool. Id assume removing them increases engine cooling capacity and gets more cooler air to the intake as well... is this true?

Comment

It would look cool if it were extended down so it kinda lined up with the lenses. Maybe even curve it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X