A lil bit more about my miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lil bit more about my miata

I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get my headlights shaved so they can look like an FD??? I have seen it done but I'm not sure where to get it done. Also if anyone knows where I can get a widebody kit for it. Thanks for all the help.

WHat do you mean look more like a RX7 doesnt it have pop up headlights

Comment

let me refraise that... The shaved lights, Insted of having them pop-up they are shaved so you can have just plain lights. I've seen it mostly on the RX-7's but it can also be done on miatas.

Comment

Here you go man. Here's a link to a book called "The Mazda Miata performance handbook" Check it out.

http://www.speednation.com/miataindex.htm

Here is one for the Miata driving school at Thunderhill Raceway. It starts March 26-28. Registration is still open. Think it costs 350 bucks. If you are close, GO to it. The best addition to your car is skill.

http://www.teammiata.com/thunderhill/school.htm

Also here's your performance stuff. Brainstorm in LA. They have headlight conversions and what-not and also alot of stuff for that little warrior of yours. Lightened flywheels, exhaust, brakes, coilover set-ups, turbo kits, supercharger kits, a whole lot of stuff.
        I found these three with one search in Google for Miata performance.

http://www.miata.org/cmt/bsp/default.asp

Hit em up.

Comment

Thanks ghost

Comment

My pleasure. Hope it helps out.

Comment

You can do it yourself with some lexan, some pop rivets, and a few metal brackets...

If you have something special in mind, I may be able to fab you a widebody kit from Fiberglass...

-MR

Comment

I know its off topic and has nothing to do with drifting, but why is your name nismo and you drive a miata? Not flaming just wondering. Unless you're that guy I saw one time with the Del Sol with Nismo stickers on it and you're gonna do the same w/ your Miata, then we have a problem.

(Let's see how long pita takes to find this. *snicker*)

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
                  I know its off topic and has nothing to do with drifting, but why is your name nismo and you drive a miata? Not flaming just wondering. Unless you're that guy I saw one time with the Del Sol with Nismo stickers on it and you're gonna do the same w/ your Miata, then we have a problem.

(Let's see how long pita takes to find this. *snicker*)

Well I have an answer for that my good man. I was planning my miata for the sake of buying a 240. But then I starting thinking about and talking to some people in this forum and kinda got convinced that its a great car. It handles really good even without the power steering, picks-up pretty quick and it looks nice too. The only thing that it need is more juice. But to answer your question currectly... when I came to this forum I had the 240 already in mind. Now I dont know how to change my name without starting a whole new E-mail address and re-registering.

Comment

Hey thats cool, I'm not hating, just curious. If I'm not mistaken, GReddy makes a turbo kit for the Miata that makes something like 220ish to the wheels. I might be totally off but I think I've seen that somewhere. Get a clutch type LSD, some coilovers, sways, better bushings coupled with that 200+ you've got a great drifter.

Comment

I wanted to know if you guys know of the requirements to go to amauer meets. You know like roll cage or stuff like that.

Comment

im goin miata, giving it a bodykit just like the rx7. making it a mini rx7 that eats mustangs. imagine what an owner of a mustang will think when a mere miata crushes em.

Comment

Raging panda: Im fairly certain that the miata greddy turbo kits (if not all or most greddy turbo kits) only raise power by 50%. That is still sub-200hp. Easily tunable to 200+ but Greddy has to worry about CARB and all that BS.

and

Nismo: most sactioned events require convertible to have a four point roll cage. SCCA allows the mad dog roll bar. You will have to check with whoever you intend to be competing with and local tracks.

Comment

yeah but I was thinking of making it a hard top. For Two reasons. #1. I got my radio jacked last week.
                            #2.Roll Cage.

Comment

If you guys want to see how My car looks like go to www.autotrader.com . Go to used cars. Make is Mazda, Model is MX-5. Price is 3,500. to make it easier put in zip code 91786. The blue one is mine. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X