ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you get more hp for a ka24de cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you get more hp for a ka24de cheap?

hey im looking to get as much power out of my 93' 240sx. for as cheap price as i can... I live in fort hood, tx... so im just a broke a$$ private . Could you help me out with any idea's. I just got the car.

you dont.

jk.
    boost it.

Comment

do you have any ideas to get 1 for cheap?
      yea im also putting in new dif cause my lsd is wines like a turbine engine
      lol not good..

Comment

get a intake, exhuast, and a set of hotshot headers if you can. they dont make them anymore but try ebay. just dont get knock off crap. by real stuff to get real power. ground kit and take off the fan and get a electric one.

Comment

Originally posted by DRFT01 View Post
          get a intake, exhuast, and a set of hotshot headers if you can. they dont make them anymore but try ebay. just dont get knock off crap. by real stuff to get real power. ground kit and take off the fan and get a electric one.
          a header. not headers, just so you dont get confused.
          i mean, bolt ons like that are gonna get ya power. just not much, at all. especially with the money to buy those which would all be replaced if you decided to eventually boost it. the ground and fan stuff isnt a bad idea either.
          piecin together a turbo kit shouldnt be hard. quite a few companies out there make parts for the de.
          and one last thing. not all stuff on ebay is junk. just do your research on the seller/store youre buying from. i'll vouch for SS AutoChrome. they make great turbo and exhaust parts. the prices are almost unbeatable.

Comment

180sx 4.3:1 differential

Car accelertes faster at a minor sacrafice of top speed, no adverse effects on the engine.

Also, bump the timing a few degrees.

Comment

Why do you need more power, seriously nitrous is the cheapest biggest gain really.

You dont need *Censored**Censored**Censored* loads of power to drift, it helps and can make it more fun but really see guys all the time with no upgrades to KA's doing fine.

I drifted a 78 rwhp S12 for a while

Comment

yeah a good suspension a 2 way or viscous or welded lsd if ur dead broke should suffice... along with some drifting skills

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyStyle View Post
                  a header. not headers, just so you dont get confused.
                  i mean, bolt ons like that are gonna get ya power. just not much, at all. especially with the money to buy those which would all be replaced if you decided to eventually boost it. the ground and fan stuff isnt a bad idea either.
                  piecin together a turbo kit shouldnt be hard. quite a few companies out there make parts for the de.
                  and one last thing. not all stuff on ebay is junk. just do your research on the seller/store youre buying from. i'll vouch for SS AutoChrome. they make great turbo and exhaust parts. the prices are almost unbeatable.
                  yea if your goin to boost it try the JGS turbo kit, or you can try the greddy kit. just depends on how much money you want to spend. plus u'll have to get a intercooler too.

o and when i said ebay junk i meant by those private seller home made intakes,there own pulleys and manifolds. there are tons of people that are selling good legit parts, im just saying be carefull.

Comment

i just bought a cat back exhaust system and a cold air intake till i get enough for a turbo kit and what not.... i dont want to go out and waste like 150ish on a header if im just gonna throw a turbo on.... should i just buy the sr20 or the rb( i think its rb sumthing ).... and just sell the ka

i think im just gonna throw a s14 diff in the back if it fits and just welding it
                    thank you for your info

Comment

dude i would spend money on suspension first, save up for some cheap coilovers like megan's or D2 or Ksport. then get some after market tension rods then buy good tires for the front and then go out and learn your car I mean I have seen guys with coilovers/LSD stock KA not even an intake drifting the bank at OSW in third gear, granted they were full throttle the whole time but hey thats pretty easy foot to the floor

I don't know what your so worried about power for.

Comment

^ +1

Power isn't what you really need right now. You've got your intake and cat-back, which is a step in the right direction. I wouldn't worry about turbos for a while, so a header might be ideal. After that, keep your car's basic maintenance up-to-date, and your're ready to go.

Which reminds me...make sure all your fluids (coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid) have been serviced. If you just bought and there's no service record, you might want to go ahead and do them all, ditto your belts and hoses. This will keep you safe and your car squared away. Find a Hayne's manual, get some cheapo-depot tools, and DIY. Not too difficult, not too expensive, and it will be the easiest way to keep a track-run 240 alive.

What you really, really, really need right now is seat time. Nothing beats experience. I've seen S14s get sideways with factory rear diffs.,
                        bent a-arms, a bone-stock KA, and a driver with some know-how.

+1 on the suspension advice, too. If you go with the headers next, suspension should follow. And remember, you don't have to go out and do this all at once. Go out with what you can, learn that and when you've got the skill, move to the next upgrade. If your just itching to get started, why not work on the interior? Some good seats, maybe a new steering wheel, whatever you think will make driving more comfortable. It'll also help with your driving cause you'll want to sit in the thing more. Believe it. Those seats are comfy.

Comment

ooo i got it power isnt everything... im getting a new steering wheel for my birth day from the family lol at the end of the month.... yea im doing the everyday maintenance on it... i jus changed the oil, i got some Bosch platinum fusion plugs , and im changing the diff fluid, the diff wines like crazy and it feels like it punches me in the back when i shift gears.... ... so im gna see if that helps or im just gonna put a diff thats not lsd(cant find one at the junk yard that is) and jus welding it... and i just bought some brand new tires for the front... and i get tires from the a pick n pull for like $20 a piece that have good thread... for the suspension!! should i get the coil overs only or do i get the whole system? would it be bad if i jus went to ebay and got some cheap $70 coil overs?
                          thank you all again for your help

Comment

the cheap $70 coilovers are just sleves and springs plus you never know what spring rate your are getting, so I would advise a no on those. Plus you will still need to buy new/adjustible shocks to really make a difference for the betterand when you add up the shocks ($80 kyb AGX X 4 + $70 = $390) and that will still be basically a glorified spring and shock set up since the shocks are not valved to match the springs. Plus the shocks are twin tube low pressure gas type. Plus you'll have to buy camber plates seperately and if you are gonna replace your shocks you should get new strut tops too since yours are most likely worn out.

when you add all that up your not that far off from buying a full complete well designed coilover set.

hell you can bid on a set of used ones like these
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

yea i get what your saying ill jus have to wait for a couple more pay checks lol
                              army mechanics dont make squat unless your a civilian working in the motor pool howmuch would it be for some megan's or d2?

Comment

Working...
                              X