Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the rear tires

Comment

Okay, it's a rear wheel drive, and looking at the size, I assume that the car is built as a drag car. But for a road racing car, I would not get a heavy engine in the front of the car.

On engine transplants what about the F20C engine from one of the older s2000 models? I wonder how much it is to aquire one and fit that into a 911 SC. It has decent power, and it's engine redline is as high as one found in a race car. Or is the F22C1 better, dispite it's lower, eight thousand rpm redline?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuTtLYhFJT4

I chuckled when Wakisiaka, driving the older F20C powered S2000 tried out braking Keiichi (at 4:10) but Keiichi caught up and over took him anyways. I guess the newer F22C1 is better.

Wait, nevermind, the F20C powered S2000 got a faster best lap time by 0.09 of a second on the third lap.
      Last edited by ; 06-17-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
        Hmm, learn something new everyday. Doesn't seem have been that common and in this instance, didn't last all that long.

Back on topic,

People will do anything.
        They definitely were not very common, but I do remember my dad saying that he really liked the Rochester system that he had on his El Camino. I can't imagine them being as "tweakable" as a standard carb though.

That's not the car I was talking about, the one I saw had a big blower sticking out of the top. Same concept, though.

Big motor + small car = Go Fast . . . really fast.

/Edit - Finally found it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3PT0uXkkE4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3PT0uXkkE4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
        Last edited by Soldat; 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

A big engine fitted into a front engine car only makes it fast in a straight line right? because it doesn't look like it would be able to match up to many stock sports cars in a road race.

You can fit a big engine into a MID or REAR engine formatted car, that would be a plus from every angle, except for the raised curb weight.

So do you think that the F20C or the F22C is good for transplants?
          Last edited by ; 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

f20 in a porsche? ferdinand would be rolling over dead. How about EJ20? at least it is a boxer engine.

And yes the LS1 is almost the same weight as 13b. 13b is not very light at all, compact but heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
              A big engine fitted into a front engine car only makes it fast in a straight line right? because it doesn't look like it would be able to match up to many stock sports cars in a road race.

You can fit a big engine into a MID or REAR engine formatted car, that would be a plus from every angle, except for the raised curb weight.
              Yes, a car like that Honda with the big block in it would be completely useless for anything other than drag racing. But if you're building a drag car, that's ok. You would never do something like that if you were going to build a car for another type of racing just as there are many things you would never do to a drag car that work really well in other disciplines.

You're missing the point, though. This isn't a discussion on MR vs FR or good ideas for motor swaps. I posted it just because it's funny, just like the OP. No one in their right mind would take a collectors item like the Allison V-3420 and spends tens of thousands of dollars carving up a car to fit it into. It was a joke.

Comment

^ Normal cars no, but speed demons and drag cars, sometimes yes.

It's a rare and beautiful site when it happens though.

Comment

Like I said, no one in their "right mind". But as you know, there's afine line between genius and madness.

You're right, that's a beautiful sight.

Comment

That is really an amazing sight. They used a Fiat?
                    Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                    f20 in a porsche? ferdinand would be rolling over dead. How about EJ20? at least it is a boxer engine.
                    I have considered an STi engine, but I am not really looking at an engine boosted up by a turbocharger. I want a high revving race engine. How would Mr.Porsche be laughing? I basically want to build myself a mini GT3 RS on a budget. Putting a 250 bhp 153 pound-feet engine revving to nine thousand rpm would seem appropriate. It is more powerful and more fuel efficient then the original engine, and higher revving then any other production car. And I think it was rated the most powerful in power per liter of displacement of any car under a hundred thousand dollars. That means it even beats the modern Carrera and Carrera S.

The STi only revs to under seven thousand rpm.

and fuel consumption comparison:
                    17/23 mpg sti
                    18/24 mpg s2000

The LS1:
                    15/20 mph Pontiac GTO
                    17/25 mpg Corvetter C5

There is already a kit for the ls-1 to fit into a first generation 911. But it sounds so much more appealing to have a mini GT3 RS or a Carrera GTR Cup car. The Honda F engine seems like a better choice because the LS-1 is 5.7 producing 300, and is pretty heavy and doesn't rev that high.
                    Last edited by ; 06-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X