SR or RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
    the highest Dyno graph i have ever seen for a NA KA with my own eyes was 169 WHP,

This was like 230 crank, whp was 180 something. Ive seen plenty of stock cammed KA's at 190hp, with just a port job and head gasket. I also am hearing about a DOHS head on an SOHC block, really high compression. I know a guy who builds 300hp race ka's, all motor.

Comment

the sohc block is the same as the dohc block except for the accessories, so if you put the sohc pistons in the dohc, you have the same thing. 230 flywheel and 180whp is a lot of loss, like 20+% lost to the wheels, are you sure it was that much? I believe you about the race KA engines, those things are crazy modified though, lots of money.

Comment

nah uhh, the dohc on the sohc block nets 11.7 comp, or so ive heard. Im guessing at 230, 180 was whp. Wasnt my car, but the owner posts on here somtimes, might want to ask him.

Comment

SOHC block is the same, however the head and piston is not.

The DOHC use a smaller combustion chamber and dish in the piston to make its 9.X:1 compression ratio. the SOHC use a flat top piston and bigger combustion chamber to make its 8.6:1 compression ratio. Putting the two together gives you 11.7 Also the later SOHC use a small dish on the piston to create a slightly smaller compression ratio, these will net 11.1 when used in the DOHC block.

At least thats what i found out.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I am still trying to figure everything out though. I have a great deal for the sr20det front clip. 1700 with all body panels and axle, brakes, rear axle and lsd. So tell me what you think of that!

Comment

Working...
            X