5.0 vs 2nd gen F-Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TireFrier
    right now i have a 1985 Mustang Gt. i'm buiding it for drag, but i might take it out and drift it.... right now its pretty much stock but with a 8.8 rear with 3.73s in it a short throw and flows. the carb is better too...
    i mostly swing donuts and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in it and drag race.... but *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it may turn into a drifter.... but its MUCH better as a drag car hehehehe. i'm thinking about picking up another ae86 or maybe a S12 or something. think along the lines of "cheap commuter that i can beat to s h i t" i was really impressed with the toyota's dependability and ruggedness and the nissan's power and smoother powerband. oh and another car you guys might want to look into.... BMW E30 325is good power, good balance, good handling, lsd, good suspension, good aftermarket..... they are fu cking ba dass!!!!!
    Hey, how do you like your 373s? I'm debating between 355s and 373s...410s sound like it would be too lurchy so I'm trying to stay away from them. what say ye?

Comment

3.73's are great all-arounders. They're a good balance of acceleration, mileage, plus still provide low enough revs to cruise down the highway.

Comment

i definatly reccomend 3.73s if you're gonna be driving on the freeway. but if its an AOD car then 4.10s. 4.10s aren't too bad for the street really. i like the 3.73s because i can still race on the freeway alright. i'd actually like some 3.55s or something... maybe even higher than that..... i like my freeway cruisin.... and the more power you got the less gear you need....

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
          Tsunami, whichever one you choose I think you'll be happy. Cant wait to see your car out there drifting too man!
          Thanks man I'd love to be out there with you guys. Hopefully one day I will. But as is I'm just to strapped for cash to do anything. Heck most my life I've had to sit by and watch everybody else have hotrods, mostly cause it's just to impractical for the family. It'll be about a year before I can finish school, then I still gotta worry about getting a job in this crappy economy. I just wanna get a hotrod so I can stop dreaming and start racing.

Comment

Give em hell lol

Comment

Working...
            X